• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Great Britain?

protias

F1 boss Ecclestone attacked outside London office

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/car_f1_ecclestone_attacked

LONDON – Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone suffered a minor head injury when he was attacked outside his London office this week and robbed of jewelry worth $314,000.
The 80-year-old Ecclestone was treated at a hospital after being punched and kicked by four men following his arrival at the offices of Formula One Holdings on Wednesday night, London Police said Friday.
Ecclestone was released from the hospital.
Police are investigating but no arrests had been made.
Police said Ecclestone was accompanied by a woman, identified in British media reports as his Brazilian girlfriend, Fabiana Flosi, at the time of the attack around 10:30 p.m.
Earlier this month, Ecclestone complained there were not enough police officers on the streets of London.
"Normally like in America or anywhere you go, there are people getting mugged," Ecclestone said. "In London, it's a funny thing, you know. It's surprising in Oxford Street the number of people that get mugged there hourly.
"We should have more police there."
Ecclestone made the comments in response to an attempted attack on Formula One driver Jenson Button in Sao Paolo ahead of the Brazilian Grand Prix, suggesting that robbers go after people who look vulnerable.
"They look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright," Ecclestone said. "The people that look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at."
Button's driver had to swerve out of a traffic jam to dodge an attempted robbery by heavily armed gunmen approaching the armored car.

hornett22

Not too bright?

Earlier this month, Ecclestone complained there were not enough police officers on the streets of London.
"Normally like in America or anywhere you go, there are people getting mugged," Ecclestone said. "In London, it's a funny thing, you know. It's surprising in Oxford Street the number of people that get mugged there hourly.

"They look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright," Ecclestone said. "The people that look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at."
Button's driver had to swerve out of a traffic jam to dodge an attempted robbery by heavily armed gunmen approaching the armored car.[/QUOTE]

you wear $314,000 in jewelry where you know there is a high rate of robbery and
no police presence?

Buzz-tronic

Button's driver had to swerve out of a traffic jam to dodge an attempted robbery by heavily armed gunmen approaching the armored car.

no police presence?[/QUOTE]

Besides the point, everyone should have the right to defend themselves with an effective weapon.
Anything preventing that is a theft of that persons liberty.

hornett22

you'll get no arguement from me.

no police presence?

Besides the point, everyone should have the right to defend themselves with an effective weapon.
Anything preventing that is a theft of that persons liberty.[/QUOTE]

But considering where he was,didn't seem like an option. You have to be a complete asshat to be wearing $314k worth of jewelry regardless.I don't care who or where you are!

I understand oppression completely! That is why I am moving from Connecticut back to Tennessee.

If I were in your shoes,I am not sure what I would do.Probably start swimming.

Last edited: