• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bashing-criticizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Sample

Why do some folks in here like bashing other members? I thought I should start a tread about this because we read to many bashing going on in this forum. This forum should be about helping each other not bashing! Everyone has their opinions about things that are posted in here but that don't give people permission to criticize one another about their opinions. We should agree to disagree and move on. Something got to give in here or this forum is going to turn into bitch session and then no one will gain anything from it. STOP THE BASHING-STOP THE BASHING PLEASE!

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Why do some folks in here like bashing other members? I thought I should start a tread about this because we read to many bashing going on in this forum. This forum should be about helping each other not bashing! Everyone has their opinions about things that are posted in here but that don't give people permission to criticize one another about their opinions. We should agree to disagree and move on. Something got to give in here or this forum is going to turn into bitch session and then no one will gain anything from it. STOP THE BASHING-STOP THE BASHING PLEASE!

+1

kwikrnu

Banned
I disagree. I think John has made it clear that libelous remarks are perfectly fine on this site. If libel is good then bashing is even better.

Ivan Sample

Kwikrnu-

Please don't come in here and say that you disagree with the bashings and try to blame someone else. The reason why I started this tread is because of you. I was reading a post where you threaten to sue someone because of the bashing that you were taken. I know that you have provoke people into bashing you. This practice is unacceptable by my standards and I really don't know if you condone it yourself. So please leave your negative comments at the door because I am not buying any of the BS that goes on in here. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Tribunal Power

I disagree. I think John has made it clear that libelous remarks are perfectly fine on this site. If libel is good then bashing is even better.

You're not helping, buddy.

I agree that the bashing is unnecessary and needs ti stop. I think a lot of the people on this forum just need to relax a little bit. I try not to get too involved in my debates, and on the occasion that I step over a line a little bit, I'm quick to step back and shut down the flame wars so that at least other people don't have to see it.

It just needs to stop. I've been checking these forums less and less because of all the tension and ridiculous nonsense that goes on in here. I likes this site, and I like a lot of you, but I just don't feel like dealing with the headache around here on a daily basis.

The way this forum has been conducted is NOT the way to make OCers look responsible, and it sure as hell isn't going to attract any curious folks to our forums. I'm currently operating under the assumption that the mods have been raptured, but hope to be proven wrong in the near future.

A little civility goes a long way, folks.

kwikrnu

Banned

Then why was my post regarding the federal court 1983 action against a kentucky cop deleted? The cop was guilty and the defendants ordered to pay 6.2 million. That is just one example. I posted about the denver man beat for walking his dogs and that thread was deleted too.

trooper46

Then why was my post regarding the federal court 1983 action against a kentucky cop deleted? The cop was guilty and the defendants ordered to pay 6.2 million. That is just one example. I posted about the denver man beat for walking his dogs and that thread was deleted too.

As I said on that topic, your mongering against the police has gotten very old very quickly. I imagine those posts were deleted because they have nothing to do with open carry and everything to do with your typically irrational and attention driven need to provoke law enforcement. Ditch the stunts, the orange ak, and stop harming the movement.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
As I said on that topic, your mongering against the police has gotten very old very quickly. I imagine those posts were deleted because they have nothing to do with open carry and everything to do with your typically irrational and attention driven need to provoke law enforcement. Ditch the stunts, the orange ak, and stop harming the movement.

It had everything to do with guns, but you probably never read the complaint...

KRM59

It's very simple

You know everyone ? I come and read everyday and enjoy the information and stories,The debates and the defferent points of view. And sometimes this all will lead to disagreements and as far as to go into aguments and bashing of each other. But such is the world i guess. I don't post a lot of replies but i see a great deal, and what i have seen with this and the other thread is this......when you have a post you do not like or disagree with the poster in the end is it not the individual that chooses to reply and in affect keep what they did not like to continue and esculate ?

Gunslinger

Posting something true about a cop = bashing.
Posting something false about a forum user = libel = not bashing.

In other words John condones libel and defamation.

I think John gets a bit anal about some posts with respect to so called cop bashing, and I've told him so. But to say he condones libel (actually you mean publication) and defamation is inane.

kwikrnu

Banned
Kwik created their own mess. Kwik, try personal responsibility on for size. It has worked for the rest of us.

I am responsible and as proof I have maintained a clean record. Libelous remarks have been made in an attempt to defame me. Your comment makes as much sense as telling a rape victim she should have dressed less provocatively.

Tribunal Power

Okay, it's pretty obvious that Kwik, love him or hate him, isn't going anywhere. Telling him to piss off is exactly what this thread is about.

If you cannot live with him, ignore him. Don't address him, don't respond to him, don't mention him. Before you make a post about him, stop, and post about something else. Because if you so much as NOD in his direction, he'll reply, and the thread will be doomed to an eternal flame war.

If you agree with this thread, then for the love of God, ignore him indefinately. It is the only way, and I mean the one and only way, that we can be free of flame wars.

If he says something, no matter how obsene or ridiculous, YOU are perpetuating by responding. That makes YOU the problem, not him. Suck it up and be the better man by totally ignoring him.

Since so many of you want him gone, if everyone ignores him completely, eventually he'll have no reason to post and will tire of it.

Otherwise, this forum will never be free of the arguments. If you feel the need to respond to everything he says, just to categorically debunk his arguments, then you had better get used to threads being killed and arguments all over the forum, because not a damn thing will change.

Think about it. He knows he's not wanted by the majority. But he comes in here and responds to everything he can find anyway. Why? Logically, because he likes the attention it gets. Don't give it to him-- just let it pass. Reply to whatever the topic was, as though he had never even posted in the first place. If his post pisses you off, go kick your dog or slap your wife (just kidding, seriously, don't) and then come back and post something PRODUCTIVE to the thread, completely circumnavigating him.

Do it, people. If you don't, then you like the arguments as much as he does.

This will be the very last time I ever so much as mention him in a post. Even in response to this post, I will no longer speak of him, not out of spite, but rather in hopes that others will do the same, and we can eventually have a peaceful forum because of it.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Reading this thread I just had to chuckle. Having been on the forum for I think pushing on 4 years now and having made a few posts here, AND this being my first day back on the forum after several months away, it is like I didn't miss anything.

Seriously, there is a thread like this about once a quarter. They are always about 1-3 members who the other 10,000+ members find annoying. And you don't typically see Grapeshot, Peter Nap, Citizen, and other very long term members get involved with the annoying people beyond a few attempts to see if they will be reasonable. If not, they just walk away, maybe email John and/or Mike about the thread, and then mostly try to get everyone else to calm down. Why? Because it is John and Mike's forum and if they choose not to take certain actions with a member that is the end of the story. We can either argue ad nauseum with the instigators or we can just ignore them.

There will always be flame wars and arguments on issue forums such as this. Any movement has people at the extremes of all sides. Some of those will find their way here. By definition, most will disagree with them. Some will moderate their views, some will just leave and others will stick around and provoke those who disagree with them staying just enough in check to avoid being banned and a few will get the ban hammer. Your choice how you deal with all that. Ignoring is usually the easiest, although sometimes it is hard to resist honing your sarcasm and irony skills.

Beretta92FSLady

I am responsible and as proof I have maintained a clean record. Libelous remarks have been made in an attempt to defame me. Your comment makes as much sense as telling a rape victim she should have dressed less provocatively.

So you've been raped? Not literally of course.

I typically do not engage drama-queens, or in your case, drama-kings. Sorry for even posting anything...the more I post, the deeper you dig yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.