Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: OC in a bar

  1. #1
    Regular Member BRAND0N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Racine Wisconsin
    Posts
    31

    OC in a bar

    I've read here that with permission from the owner/manager it IS Legal. Could some one ease post/list any legal code or statue that states this please.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  3. #3
    Regular Member BRAND0N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Racine Wisconsin
    Posts
    31
    This pertains to employment purposes, is this all that is needed to be givin by the owner/manager?

    Thanks again

  4. #4
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAND0N View Post
    This pertains to employment purposes, is this all that is needed to be givin by the owner/manager?

    Thanks again
    Here is the statute, you’re concern is with 941.237(3)(d) where if you have consent of the person(s) described in (d) you can carry a handgun in a bar, whether it’s open carry or concealed carry isn’t covered in this section.

    NOTE: !!!!!!!!GET PERMISSION IN WRITING AND KEEP IT ON YOUR PERSON!!!!!!

    941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages may be sold and consumed.

    941.237(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

    (3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
    (a) A peace officer.

    (b) A correctional officer while going armed in the line of duty.
    (c) A member of the U.S. armed forces or National Guard while going armed in the line of duty.

    (cm) a private security person meeting all of the following criteria:

    1. The private security person is covered by a license or permit issued under s. 440.26.

    2. The private security person is going armed in the line of duty.

    3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the person specified in par. (d).

    (d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.

  5. #5
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAND0N View Post
    I've read here that with permission from the owner/manager it IS Legal. Could some one ease post/list any legal code or statue that states this please.

    Thanks

    (DATE)
    (BAR NAME)
    (STREET ADDRESS)
    (CITY) (STATE) (ZIP)

    In Ref: Permission to carry a firearm on the premises of the establishment listed above.


    To whom it may concern:


    ______________________________ has my permission in accordance to Wisconsin Statute

    941.237(3)(d) to carry a firearm on the premises located at (add address) as a private security person.

    __________________________
    (signiture of person authorizing the carrying of a firearm)

    __________________________
    ( printed name of person authorizing the carrying of a firearm)
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 11-26-2010 at 07:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member BRAND0N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Racine Wisconsin
    Posts
    31
    We too (other staff) were wonder about the OC CC thing as well.

    But thank you for highlighting that legal tender for me, Much appreciated

  7. #7
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    (DATE)
    (BAR NAME)
    (STREET ADDRESS)
    (CITY) (STATE) (ZIP)

    In Ref: Permission to carry a firearm on the premises of the establishment listed above.


    To whom it may concern:


    ______________________________ has my permission in accordance to Wisconsin Statute

    941.237(3)(d) to carry a firearm on the premises located at (add address) as a private security person.

    __________________________
    (signiture of person authorizing the carrying of a firearm)

    __________________________
    ( printed name of person authorizing the carrying of a firearm)
    This is exactly what the link that Nik provided show. A properly formatted permission slip.

  8. #8
    State Researcher lockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,202
    Now, anyone provide the names of places that serve alcohol that will sign off on a "permission slip" for OC'ers?

  9. #9
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Now, anyone provide the names of places that serve alcohol that will sign off on a "permission slip" for OC'ers?
    Thunder Grill let us OC. I believe they are in Pewaukee, WI

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Thunder Bay Grill let us OC. I believe they are in Pewaukee, WI
    Corrected the name, otherwise you probably won't find Thunder Grill.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    Beadles in Centerville, WI

    Fiesta Mexicana in La Crosse, WI

    The American Legion, Onalaska WI.

    These were all for specific events.

    And there is a place up in St. Croix county as well, the name escapes me right now.

    Carry On.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    Beadles in Centerville, WI

    Fiesta Mexicana in La Crosse, WI

    The American Legion, Onalaska WI.

    These were all for specific events.

    And there is a place up in St. Croix county as well, the name escapes me right now.

    Carry On.
    Don't forget the "Tee Pee supper club". Thats the day I started to carry. Also, since we are all here... I looked around and couldn't find it, anyone know if it is legal to oc a knife in a bar?

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Don't forget the "Tee Pee supper club". Thats the day I started to carry. Also, since we are all here... I looked around and couldn't find it, anyone know if it is legal to oc a knife in a bar?
    Doesn't Tommy Thompson's brother own that? He's a Libertarian isn't he?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Doesn't Tommy Thompson's brother own that? He's a Libertarian isn't he?
    Yes, Ed does. Can't remember his party though...

  15. #15
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426

    what you want is 941.237(3)(g)

    (3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
    (g) the possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises...

    No need to ask them to make you a temporary employee. Just ask if it's OK to come in for dinner.


    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/Stat0941.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  16. #16
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Don't forget the "Tee Pee supper club". Thats the day I started to carry. Also, since we are all here... I looked around and couldn't find it, anyone know if it is legal to oc a knife in a bar?

    I have seen it done...Dont know if its legal or not.
    Nobody questioned the guy,but he was part of our group
    and we rode m/c's in.
    Funny how some folks get real quiet around a couple guys in full leather.

    See a few over deer season doin it also...Nobody questioned them either.
    They all had some article of Blaze on so it was pretty safe to they were huntin and stopped in for cold one/warm up.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •