• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in a bar

BRAND0N

I've read here that with permission from the owner/manager it IS Legal. Could some one ease post/list any legal code or statue that states this please.

Thanks

LOERetired

This pertains to employment purposes, is this all that is needed to be givin by the owner/manager?

Thanks again

Here is the statute, you’re concern is with 941.237(3)(d) where if you have consent of the person(s) described in (d) you can carry a handgun in a bar, whether it’s open carry or concealed carry isn’t covered in this section.

NOTE: !!!!!!!!GET PERMISSION IN WRITING AND KEEP IT ON YOUR PERSON!!!!!!

941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages may be sold and consumed.

941.237(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(a) A peace officer.

(b) A correctional officer while going armed in the line of duty.
(c) A member of the U.S. armed forces or National Guard while going armed in the line of duty.

(cm) a private security person meeting all of the following criteria:

1. The private security person is covered by a license or permit issued under s. 440.26.

2. The private security person is going armed in the line of duty.

3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the person specified in par. (d).

(d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.

LOERetired

I've read here that with permission from the owner/manager it IS Legal. Could some one ease post/list any legal code or statue that states this please.

Thanks

(DATE)
(BAR NAME)
(STREET ADDRESS)
(CITY) (STATE) (ZIP)

In Ref: Permission to carry a firearm on the premises of the establishment listed above.

To whom it may concern:

______________________________ has my permission in accordance to Wisconsin Statute

941.237(3)(d) to carry a firearm on the premises located at (add address) as a private security person.

Last edited:

BRAND0N

We too (other staff) were wonder about the OC CC thing as well.

But thank you for highlighting that legal tender for me, Much appreciated :)

paul@paul-fisher.com

(DATE)
(BAR NAME)
(STREET ADDRESS)
(CITY) (STATE) (ZIP)

In Ref: Permission to carry a firearm on the premises of the establishment listed above.

To whom it may concern:

______________________________ has my permission in accordance to Wisconsin Statute

941.237(3)(d) to carry a firearm on the premises located at (add address) as a private security person.

This is exactly what the link that Nik provided show. A properly formatted permission slip.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Beadles in Centerville, WI

Fiesta Mexicana in La Crosse, WI

The American Legion, Onalaska WI.

These were all for specific events.

And there is a place up in St. Croix county as well, the name escapes me right now.

Carry On.

Mlutz

Beadles in Centerville, WI

Fiesta Mexicana in La Crosse, WI

The American Legion, Onalaska WI.

These were all for specific events.

And there is a place up in St. Croix county as well, the name escapes me right now.

Carry On.
Don't forget the "Tee Pee supper club". :D Thats the day I started to carry. :) Also, since we are all here... I looked around and couldn't find it, anyone know if it is legal to oc a knife in a bar?

MKEgal

what you want is 941.237(3)(g)

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(g) the possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises...

No need to ask them to make you a temporary employee. Just ask if it's OK to come in for dinner.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/Stat0941.pdf

LR Yote 312

Don't forget the "Tee Pee supper club". :D Thats the day I started to carry. :) Also, since we are all here... I looked around and couldn't find it, anyone know if it is legal to oc a knife in a bar?

I have seen it done...Dont know if its legal or not.
Nobody questioned the guy,but he was part of our group
and we rode m/c's in.
Funny how some folks get real quiet around a couple guys in full leather.

See a few over deer season doin it also...Nobody questioned them either.
They all had some article of Blaze on so it was pretty safe to they were huntin and stopped in for cold one/warm up.

LR Yote