Thread: Black Friday shopper accused of gun threat

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Black Friday shopper accused of gun threat

Wisconsin makes national (CNN) news again: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/26/...hopper.threat/

A Wisconsin woman who cut in front of a long line of Black Friday shoppers was arrested, police say, after she allegedly threatened to shoot those she moved ahead of.

Lanessa L. Lattimore, 21, attempted to cut in front of a line of "several hundred shoppers" at a Toys R Us store in Madison, Wisconsin, on Thursday, according to a Madison police report.

Police arrested Lattimore after she allegedly threatened shoppers, though no gun was found at the scene, it said.

"Everybody was cutting in line. But there was one girl who was threatening me, so I told her that I'd shoot her," Lattimore told CNN. "I'm not a violent person, but police charged me with disorderly conduct."

She added, "I just wanted to get my daughter the toy that she wanted for Christmas, which probably won't be there when I go today."
    Now when THIS happened to a OCDO member, and he WAS THREATENED, the judge in that case said "Threatening to kill someone is protected free speech."

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    Now when THIS happened to a OCDO member, and he WAS THREATENED, the judge in that case said "Threatening to kill someone is protected free speech."
    Now that's a bunch of BS! You could say that about anyone, and I mean anyone, and you'd be protected. So if I tell the police I'm being threatened by someone, they say TS and they can't do anything to protect me? There are not enough words in the English dictionary to describe the lack of logic here.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Another link about this incident from the "Black Friday and OC" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Madison cops arrest woman for threatening shoppers

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/articl...62&located=rss

Would have been nice to see her reaction if someone was exercising their "silly" Constitutional right at that moment.
    That would have been hilarious. Bet she would have slunk quietly back to the end of the line. Then again, maybe not - look her up on Simple Case Search.

She's a model citizen, all right. NINETEEN arrests or tickets in the past 2 1/2 years, and she's only 21 yrs old! (wait, make that 18 - one of the charges was dropped...) Real winner, threatening people who didn't take kindly to her cutting in line!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    Another link about this incident from the "Black Friday and OC" thread:

That would have been hilarious. Bet she would have slunk quietly back to the end of the line. Then again, maybe not - look her up on Simple Case Search.

She's a model citizen, all right. NINETEEN arrests or tickets in the past 2 1/2 years, and she's only 21 yrs old! (wait, make that 18 - one of the charges was dropped...) Real winner, threatening people who didn't take kindly to her cutting in line!
    I also posted it in the No Need For A Gun thread.

She does sound like an upstanding citizen. /sarcasm
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Now that's a bunch of BS! You could say that about anyone, and I mean anyone, and you'd be protected. So if I tell the police I'm being threatened by someone, they say TS and they can't do anything to protect me? There are not enough words in the English dictionary to describe the lack of logic here.
    I lived in west allis for some time and was threatend 3 times by three seperate people that had worked for me, all were threats on my life I called the police and thats exactly what they said, TS we can't do anything until they actually kill you or try to kill you "sorry". That's why I carry now, I realise the police will not protect me or my family i need to.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    I also posted it in the No Need For A Gun thread.

She does sound like an upstanding citizen. /sarcasm
    Aw, I missed that one!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.