Thread: Blackhawk holster for smith & wesson 22a handgun

Blackhawk holster for smith & wesson 22a handgun

Hello,

Does anyone know a good holster for a smith & wesson 22a?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/medi...22a_5_gray.jpg

This model.

Looking for something that fits it well preferably blackhawk but anything works. Any tips are fine though!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The same question was asked on another forum back in April and has received no response yet.

I would suggest contacting Blackhawk direct - they are pretty good with such questions.
    http://www.blackhawk.com/downloads/s...contactus.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The same question was asked on another forum back in April and has received no response yet.

I would suggest contacting Blackhawk direct - they are pretty good with such questions.
    http://www.blackhawk.com/downloads/s...contactus.html
    I guess I'll do that would think some one on this forum knows, though!

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    I guess I'll do that would think some one on this forum knows, though!
    Not a high probability as Serpas are marketed toward the more popular designs of defensive and duty carry handguns. .22 rim fire is on the extreme low end of what is generally selected for either use. In so far as finding one that will work, but designed for another model, again the probability is near zero because of the unique/unusual frame protrusion on the model 22a just in front of the trigger guard.

I know several people that have modified Serpas to fit something unusual but it involved cutting open the shell, adding or subtracting material, epoxying everything back together and that invalidates any warranty + such demands a great deal of confidence in what you are doing.

The difficult often gets done quickly here, but the impossible takes a little longer.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Not a high probability as Serpas are marketed toward the more popular designs of defensive and duty carry handguns. .22 rim fire is on the extreme low end of what is generally selected for either use. In so far as finding one that will work, but designed for another model, again the probability is near zero because of the unique/unusual frame protrusion on the model 22a just in front of the trigger guard.

I know several people that have modified Serpas to fit something unusual but it involved cutting open the shell, adding or subtracting material, epoxying everything back together and that invalidates any warranty + such demands a great deal of confidence in what you are doing.

The difficult often gets done quickly here, but the impossible takes a little longer.
    Like I said I'm just looking for one that will work decently well, even if it is not a blackhawk(but prefer a blackhawk) but one is better then none.

Like I said I'm just looking for one that will work decently well, even if it is not a blackhawk(but prefer a blackhawk) but one is better then none.
    http://www.bizrate.com/smith-wesson-22a-holster/?sc=1

http://www.amazon.com/Nylon-Hoster-S.../dp/B003E6O1UW

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_N

The second is the best one I came up with.. but it looks cheap anyone heard of that brand?

The second is the best one I came up with.. but it looks cheap anyone heard of that brand?
    Contact Pro-Tech direct and ask them if there are any stocking dealers in your area - if so, go and touch one for yourself

The are decent enough, entry level, ballistic nylon holsters. Where price is a consideration, they'll do the job.

Do you do any of your own research?

Contact Pro-Tech direct and ask them if there are any stocking dealers in your area - if so, go and touch one for yourself

The are decent enough, entry level, ballistic nylon holsters. Where price is a consideration, they'll do the job.

Do you do any of your own research?
    If you were not so ignorant you could tell that I am a new gun owner using the forums for what they are supposed to be used for.

I've never owned one holster in my life and I did try to find a store with this model in my area and was unable to find one. So looking for online reviews and asking other people about their experiences with the holster is about the only thing I can do.

Think twice before you make a comment.

If you were not so ignorant you could tell that I am a new gun owner using the forums for what they are supposed to be used for.

I've never owned one holster in my life and I did try to find a store with this model in my area and was unable to find one. So looking for online reviews and asking other people about their experiences with the holster is about the only thing I can do.

It might benefit you to review the forum rules - particularly about conduct: "we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks"
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Having thought twice, I will leave you to your own fortune.
    Good luck with your search, Champ.

That holster is horrible. It is the sole reason my dog died, my winning lotto ticket got shredded, and my girlfriend left me. If you enjoy being miserable get that holster. I'd give you mine if it didn't spontaneously combust and burn my house down.

If it's cheap, buy it. If you like it, good. If not, it isn't much of a loss. Get one made specifically for your gun by a different company or a custom maker. Or make one yourself.

www.blade-tech.com
    www.simplyrugged.com
    www.comp-tac.com
    www.miltsparks.com
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...oducts_id=2170

No, I don't know or care if they make one for your model. Just trying to help get you started; you'll have to do a little for yourself.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    That holster is horrible. It is the sole reason my dog died, my winning lotto ticket got shredded, and my girlfriend left me. If you enjoy being miserable get that holster. I'd give you mine if it didn't spontaneously combust and burn my house down.

If it's cheap, buy it. If you like it, good. If not, it isn't much of a loss. Get one made specifically for your gun by a different company or a custom maker. Or make one yourself.

www.blade-tech.com
    www.simplyrugged.com
    www.comp-tac.com
    www.miltsparks.com
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...oducts_id=2170

No, I don't know or care if they make one for your model. Just trying to help get you started; you'll have to do a little for yourself.
    I hate to encourage you Curtis...but that was funny!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

While I do occasionally call people names, calling Grapeshot ignorant, is like calling Tiny Tim a he man.