Thread: Let's see Bloomberg explain this one

Let's see Bloomberg explain this one

This column wonders what Bloomberg might think if he came out to Washington for a visit. Here, he would find quite a few armed citizens. According to the Department of Licensing, there are now more than 275,000 active Concealed Pistol Licenses in the state and the number keeps climbing. Joe Waldron, legislative director for the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, believes this is a new record.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...plain-this-one

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/2ahcr6p

He'd probably comment that he probably has individual buildings with that many people in 'em, and we don't have the the same problem with weapons in an urban environment since we are so sparsely populated.

Seriously, though, he would probably just claim that there is absolutely no similarity in the two environments, and what happens in one has no bearing or relationship to what happens in the other.

(To some extent he'd be at least a little bit right. Start piling people on top of one another and the social interactions do get more strained. When one is dealing with an area where a few city blocks has the population of our entire state, the interactions are just different. I spent a lot of time in NYC when I lived back there, and the "crowding" does make a big difference in the way people interact with each other.)
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Bloomie Security Detail Officer Charged in Shooting

Followed the link - loved the story - Bloomie must be livid

The elite "only ones" have shot him in the foot.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eshooting.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Shoot him in the other foot!

"There's nothing in his background that would lead him to use unjustifiable force," Parris said."

I want to know WTF this statement is supposed to means!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    "There's nothing in his background that would lead him to use unjustifiable force," Parris said."

I want to know WTF this statement is supposed to means!
    Maybe it means: "Well, he passed the magic background test and the ESP thingie we did with the psychic and we couldn't find any dirt on him so we thought he was a stable guy who wouldn't shoot someone in the butt while they were running away from a domestic dispute. Boy, are we shocked and just can't figure out what to say, and hope that by some magic wand being waved this will all disappear... Or we'll just sweep it under the carpet with the rest of the dirt," or words to that effect.... at least IMHO

what it means is HOPEFULLY they are starting to realize that no matter what 'they' do 'they' are never going to be able to stop violence being committed by those who desire to commit violence.

:wishful thinking off:
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Spin, span, spun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    This column wonders what Bloomberg might think if he came out to Washington for a visit.
    Bloomberg would arrive with his own large security detail of "only one's," armed to protect him everywhere he might go from the potential terrorists. Only now he will have watchers watching the watchers.

"The proof of the existence of these terrorists is the recent shooting by a psychologically unfit, mole officer that had slipped through the loophole - not unlike the gun show loophole. Every person in this country should have a mental evaluation and clearance before they are allowed to be anywhere on the property of a gun show. Do know that many of the guns that could harm our officers and the citizens of this state come from gun shows? It's true."

"We need to know where these guns are at all times; who has them and what they are doing. I am going to demand that all guns have GPS installed so that when they are fired they will send out a signal to help LE track them. This low cost item alone will save many lives of children and police officers and would never be used otherwise...... unless we have bigger ideas."

"While I am here in your great state, I am going to propose banning of all cop killer ammunition especially that made for assault rifles that will penetrate bullet proof vests. We must also stop all the reloading of terrorists like, secretly manufactured ammunition. Listen to me and I will solve your problems just like I have done in NYC."

"The officer's name? I don't know, I never met him, but be assured I am divorcing myself from him and through my spokesperson declaring him guilty before a trial."

"No more questions - I enjoyed my visit."

Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-30-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.