• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transport Weapon Through Georgia

kennys

I am leaving Virginia next weekend to travel to Florida for a training class for my work. Va permits are not valid in Ga as I know, how may I legally transport through without issue? I will be in a vehicle with no trunk, and if I stop off at a motel, am I legal to take it inside with me? Thanks

Last edited:

kennys

OK, what I am gathering from this thread and other research is, driving through Ga in a vehicle with my name on it, I am good to carry loaded in an unlocked glove box. If I need to take it out of the vehicle as in going to a motel room, un loaded and uncased. Case does not have to be locked. Where I rent, or pay a fee for, I am allowed to keep it loaded. Chances are I will do a nonstop trip, but just wanted to be prepared for breakdown just in case. thanks

rmodel65

should pick yourself up a PA permit its only 26$ and will make you legal to carry in GA