Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceanside new Video from TODAY!

Oceanside new Video from TODAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzH5Oe-YL4
    Thats the link to my second stop for UOC'ing in CA Today was in Oceanside walking down College Ave. I spotted him with just enough time to get out my phone and record
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAOYAS View Post
    Thats the link to my second stop for UOC'ing in CA Today was in Oceanside walking down College Ave. I spotted him with just enough time to get out my phone and record
    Wow. Too cool. Exactly how it was supposed to happen.

Sounds like that went well.

Well done by both parties.

While I dont care for the 12031(e) check, Officer Lyons kept it brief and allowed you to go about your business promptly after you stood your ground on ID. This encounter probably should be followed up with a letter to the Oceanside Police Department commending Officer Lyons for his professional encounter with an open carrier.
    Last edited by ConditionThree; 11-26-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Great job Jeremy. And as the officer said, God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post

While I dont care for the 12031(e) check, Officer Lyons kept it brief and allowed you to go about your business promptly after you stood your ground on ID. This encounter probably should be followed up with a letter to the Oceanside Police Department commending Officer Lyons for his professional encounter with an open carrier.

+1

welll okkk,,

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Wow. Too cool. Exactly how it was supposed to happen.
    it shouldnt happen at all..

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
    Sounds like that went well.
    the cop tries awfully hard to get his full name, for his "report"...

the op did fine, but the cop had no right to take his magazine off his belt..

if any letter is wrote, it should complain about all the patting, touching, frisking that
    the cop appears to be doing.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

That is amazing advice to let you know I just typed up a letter of commendation for the officer and I will deliver it to the PD tomorrow morning.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Tell them to stop asking for your name, and other fishing question. Just check the weapon and go do something more important.
    Last edited by Gundude; 11-26-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post

if any letter is wrote, it should complain about all the patting, touching, frisking that
    the cop appears to be doing.
    No, (e) checks shouldnt happen- but this is a reality in California we must deal with until it has been struck down as un-Constitutional.The officer is allowed to ask questions. And the OP is allowed to assert their right to remain silent.

I do not agree with you on a writing a complaint. The OP was not hand cuffed, was not taken into custody, was not searched for ID, his weapon was not run for 'wants', and had his property back nearly the instant the (e) was completed. This is a far cry from the July 4th arrest of a U.S. Marine in Oceanside for UOC back in the day...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

No, (e) checks shouldnt happen- but this is a reality in California we must deal with until it has been struck down as un-Constitutional.The officer is allowed to ask questions. And the OP is allowed to assert their right to remain silent.

I do not agree with you on a writing a complaint. The OP was not hand cuffed, was not taken into custody, was not searched for ID, his weapon was not run for 'wants', and had his property back nearly the instant the (e) was completed. This is a far cry from the July 4th arrest of a U.S. Marine in Oceanside for UOC back in the day...
    Your right they can ask any and as many questions as they like its their job to build a case but I am not here to help them build a false case against me nor am I here to assist in making it easy bc everything you say can and will be used against you they will never say it can be used "for you"

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Good spirited LEO. Nothing like a constitutional e-violation with a smile Officer Lions with the Oceanside Police Dept. badge number 1093. Just doing your job, its the law, nevermind that short little document we call the Constitution...wouldn't want that to get in your way. God Bless Amerika.

12031(e) checks are NOT required, they are optional.

Rights violated in this friendly encounter: 2A and 4A

ETA: This type of encounter is one of the most insidious types. Whether true heartfelt LEO compassion, sympathy, and agreement or not, LEO's are not your friends. They are making contact with you to see what laws you are breaking so they can arrest you. At least with the aggressive confrontational encounters you know where you stand and where they stand. These friendly, lets all be buds confrontations are the worst because they try to get you to believe your rights are not being violated, they are just doing their jobs to keep us all safe, and what good citizen wouldn't want the same. To the OP...great job seeing right past this tactic.
    Last edited by coolusername2007; 11-26-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Tell them to stop asking for your name, and other fishing question. Just check the weapon and go do something more important.
    Asking and demanding are two seperate things. Fishing is part of a policeman's job and if they ask vs demand, then they have every right to ask you anything. You also have a right to refuse with their request which Jeremy did here. The officer recognized Jeremy's right to refuse and they parted ways. Well handled by both parties. The officer in this case acted within the current law in California. I don't agree with the e-check law either, and would work towards getting it changed if I lived in CA, but it is the current law and therefore should be followed until it can be changed.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Too much talking from the OP. I'm still waiting to see a police encounter where the OCer actually exercises the right to remain silent.

I wouldn't write a letter of commendation. Not only did he try to get your name several times but it looked like he seized your magazine as well, which is entirely unlawful. Plus his backup jaywalked.

Centurion
    Wow, Just nothing like an UNCONSTITUTIONAL "e" check, pat down without any probable cause, and fishing!

Officer Lyon's seems just so PROUD of himself.

I wonder what would have happened if the poster had declared his refusal of consent for ANY searches or seizures. Would the kind officer STILL HAVE DONE THE LITTLE PAT DOWN?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    Too much talking from the OP. I'm still waiting to see a police encounter where the OCer actually exercises the right to remain silent.

I wouldn't write a letter of commendation. Not only did he try to get your name several times but it looked like he seized your magazine as well, which is entirely unlawful. Plus his backup jaywalked.
    He didn't take the magazine it was actually a pocket knife that was clipped onto my pocket he did do a brisk pat down but nothing intrusive

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=366342

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post

Just what is so very bad about giving one of YOUR cops in YOUR community your last name?

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    ETA: This type of encounter is one of the most insidious types. Whether true heartfelt LEO compassion, sympathy, and agreement or not, LEO's are not your friends. They are making contact with you to see what laws you are breaking so they can arrest you.
    It didn't sound like the main objective was to arrest him

CGF Chairman is suggesting removing the video - possible ramifications with Oceanside City Ordinance

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1&postcount=33

www.shop42a.com

CGF Chairman is suggesting removing the video - possible ramifications with Oceanside City Ordinance

This is exactly why you should never give your name to LEO's.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
    Just what is so very bad about giving one of YOUR cops in YOUR community your last name?
    Just ask Theseus.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ghlight=thesus

With all do respect to the CGF Chairman, has he ever heard of a common legal term "preemption"

So my pocket knife could be construed as a dangerous weapon should I not carry one?? And wouldn't state law overthrow this little city ordinance?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post

I have an idea how bout you make a video of you when encountering the police for open carrying and show us just how silent you can be. Yep that would be perfect!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast