• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff deputy beats man after deputies son steals and sells his fathers gun

kwikrnu

Banned
I posted this earlier, but I can't access the post. Here is part of the federal court 1983 complaint. The man who was beat was awarded 6.2 million for the beating which occured under color of law. This is about guns. It is about stolen guns. It is about a man getting beat with a gun. It is about the fourth amendment right to be safe in one's home. It is about the right the call the real police for help. It is about civil rights.

BrewervRamey.jpg

http://thetimestribune.com/local/x603546311/Psychologist-beating-mentally-scarred-Corbin-man

http://thetimestribune.com/local/x1284838259/Settlement-decision-waiting-in-Brewer-suit

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
This story is from Corbin KY, btw...

This is in Whitley County where the sheriff has been indicted for 21 felony counts. Including seizing handguns and using them personally. I wonder if the pistol Ramey was "recovering" was one of those seized...

Link

Last edited:

paramedic70002

Notwithstanding the poor conduct of the Perrys, if the firearm was stolen by Junior, why is the court calling it a 'lawful purchase.' Selling stolen items is a crime. Buying stolen items is a crime.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I can't say what I want to say...because bashing cops is against the forum rules. But I will say this.... Welcome to America, the 4th largest police state in the world. STILL THINK YOU ARE ALL FREE IN THE USA ? Someday the sheeple will wake up & do something about big brother.

Last edited:

Jack House

Notwithstanding the poor conduct of the Perrys, if the firearm was stolen by Junior, why is the court calling it a 'lawful purchase.' Selling stolen items is a crime. Buying stolen items is a crime.
It's only a crime if you have reason to believe the gun was stolen.

Deanimator

It's only a crime if you have reason to believe the gun was stolen.
Precisely. I was once contacted by a store to whom I traded a Colt Official Police when I was stationed at Ft. Knox. Turns out it was stolen and the BATF wanted to know where I'd gotten it. I told the gunstore that I'd bought it on on a 4473 from another gunstore up the road.

I bought a stolen gun... from a gunstore. No crime on my part at all.