Thread: texas teen sues to have minimum age for handgun ownership lowered

texas teen sues to have minimum age for handgun ownership lowered

saw this on houston news website. i was LEO there and have family and friends there. i love houston. i'm all for this initiative by the way. why not let them protect themselves too? why make them a target? they can serve their country in the armed forces and vote but can't carry handgun or drink alcohol.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...110887089.html

Id like to see federal law changed personally...

17+ for ownership of any firearm,including FFL purchases.

allow 18+ to get FFL's and NFA weapons.
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 11-27-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Banned
    Me too. Just yesterday I was explaining to a teen how OC worked with regards to not being 21, and of course, how to get a handgun before 21.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    saw this on houston news website. i was LEO there and have family and friends there. i love houston. i'm all for this initiative by the way. why not let them protect themselves too? why make them a target? they can serve their country in the armed forces and vote but can't carry handgun or drink alcohol.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...110887089.html
    this has been going on for awhile now. and he should win, its a silly law! i feel a rant coming,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    Id like to see federal law changed personally...

17+ for ownership of any firearm,including FFL purchases.

allow 18+ to get FFL's and NFA weapons.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Me too. Just yesterday I was explaining to a teen how OC worked with regards to not being 21, and of course, how to get a handgun before 21.
    rant begins........now,

18 y/o can and do own handguns, though they can't go to a federal firearms dealer and buy one,,,,they can own ammunition and be in possesion of it, but can't buy it themselves,,,,they can load one into the other and carry said loaded gun on their person down a public street without a license,,,,so why can't they make it easier on the 18 y/o save on his 21 and over friends gas AND LET HIM DO IT BY HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!! this is ridiculous to the point of absolute absurdity!!!

IMO this is one of those feel good laws, makes everyone feel better without doing anything to prevent,well ANYTHING!!!!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

And the Brady Bunch is trying to get it thrown out of court.

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2010/11/17-5
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Banned
    ^ That's a good sign.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcqueen37 View Post
    And the Brady Bunch is trying to get it thrown out of court.

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2010/11/17-5
    So Brady Bunch Gang of misfits....

I missed the requirement in the 2nd amendment that HAD AN AGE RESTRICTION in "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!"

Banned
    shall not be infringed was written so that the most simple people of the nation could understand it. Which is why the educated folks cant. They seem to think that it means age restrictions, magazine capacity limits, pistol free zones, registration, disclosure, permits ......etc.........etc..............etc............ ..