• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

texas teen sues to have minimum age for handgun ownership lowered

lil_freak_66

Id like to see federal law changed personally...

17+ for ownership of any firearm,including FFL purchases.

allow 18+ to get FFL's and NFA weapons.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

saw this on houston news website. i was LEO there and have family and friends there. i love houston. i'm all for this initiative by the way. why not let them protect themselves too? why make them a target? they can serve their country in the armed forces and vote but can't carry handgun or drink alcohol.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...-minimum-age-to-carry-handgun--110887089.html

this has been going on for awhile now. and he should win, its a silly law! i feel a rant coming,,,,,,:mad:

Id like to see federal law changed personally...

17+ for ownership of any firearm,including FFL purchases.

allow 18+ to get FFL's and NFA weapons.

agreed.
:)
Me too. Just yesterday I was explaining to a teen how OC worked with regards to not being 21, and of course, how to get a handgun before 21.
rant begins........now,:shocker:

18 y/o can and do own handguns, though they can't go to a federal firearms dealer and buy one,,,,they can own ammunition and be in possesion of it, but can't buy it themselves,,,,they can load one into the other and carry said loaded gun on their person down a public street without a license,,,,so why can't they make it easier on the 18 y/o save on his 21 and over friends gas AND LET HIM DO IT BY HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!! this is ridiculous to the point of absolute absurdity!!! :banghead:

IMO this is one of those feel good laws, makes everyone feel better without doing anything to prevent,well ANYTHING!!!! :banghead:

stainless1911

Banned
shall not be infringed was written so that the most simple people of the nation could understand it. Which is why the educated folks cant. They seem to think that it means age restrictions, magazine capacity limits, pistol free zones, registration, disclosure, permits ......etc.........etc..............etc..............