• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yesterday was a great day for OCing!

Aaron1124

So yesterday, my wife, daughter and myself went out and did some Christmas shopping. We went to the Covington Fred Meyer and then the Covington Kohls.

First stop, Fred Meyer.

We spent about 45 minutes in the store. Mostly browsing around, and adding a few things to our cart. We made our way over to the toy department, and eventually I came across a man with his family ask me if I was a cop. I shook my head and said "Nope. Just Joe Citizen!" *(with a smile on my face). He then started asking me about my fire arm. He was very friendly, and was legitimately curious about it. He mentioned how he wanted to get one of his own, and started telling me stories of problems that some of his friends have run in to (criminal wise, and how it's a good idea to carry. I was glad to inform him on the legalities of it, the licensing requirements (and lack of, for open carry), and of course, my wife reminded me to tell him about this forum, which I did. He saved the name of the forum in his phone, and said he'd be checking it out. So hopefully we get a new member to our forum soon!

Then we made our way to Kohls. As we were heading into the store, a man putting away his merchandise in his car looked over and asked "Is that a Glock 9mm?" I said "Nope. It's a Taurus .45" He smiled and said "Nice man!"

I continued into the store, and I swear, it must be the Holiday season, but everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. I had store associates come up to me and greet me with a legitimate smile, ask me how my Thanksgiving was, and asked if they could be of any service to me. The management staff were all very friendly.

We spent about a half hour in the store, and as we were checking out, the clerk said to me "It's nice seeing someone in here with one of those." as he pointed to my sidearm. I told him that I appreciated hearing it, and wished them a great day.

kwiebe

We spent about a half hour in the store, and as we were checking out, the clerk said to me "It's nice seeing someone in here with one of those." as he pointed to my sidearm. I told him that I appreciated hearing it, and wished them a great day.
That's fantastic. Especially the last paragraph. When we have people not only accepting OC but welcoming it, I'd say we're making significant progress.