• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pueblo West, Penrose, Florence, Canon area?

jhco50

I'm in the springs and travel to Avondale about once a week. I open carry all of the time and nothing is said, even in the Pueblo Home Depot where I get my materials.

DinFreemont

What if we picked a brunch or lunch and possibly February 5 to start?

That would give us a few weeks to ask a few locations that may be willing.

It is winter and some of the ideas the New Hampshire guys use (open carry trash pick-up) and other public gatherings could be considered for the spring and summer.

Can’t let the NH guys have all the fun...

shotcop

What if we picked a brunch or lunch and possibly February 5 to start?

That would give us a few weeks to ask a few locations that may be willing.

It is winter and some of the ideas the New Hampshire guys use (open carry trash pick-up) and other public gatherings could be considered for the spring and summer.

Can’t let the NH guys have all the fun...

Feb 5 is good for my wife and I. Post time and place!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hope to see you there, still need a time and place!

Hi, shotcop - if you're still in the game, can you do myself and the rest of us a favor by simply saying, "I'm on board" while not qualifying how-so?

Having worked with LE from Fed to Ft. Dirt, I'll be happy to entertain your points of view.

If not, then aloha. You know what that means.

shotcop

Hi, shotcop - if you're still in the game, can you do myself and the rest of us a favor by simply saying, "I'm on board" while not qualifying how-so?

Having worked with LE from Fed to Ft. Dirt, I'll be happy to entertain your points of view.

If not, then aloha. You know what that means.

I am an advocate of OC and most other opinions as they start out, just seems to devolve quickly. Don't want to argue with anyone. As my last post on this thread shows, I still look forward to OC get togethers and will ref this site for info, just not participate in threads. I'm not even saying that some of the concerns aren't justified, just way overboard for me.

1245A Defender

well,,,

i wont be coming to your meet and greet, but i want to leave a heads up to you.

i know since9 is aware, so im not warning him, but forr those that havent followed shotcop.

if i were you guys, i would be very leery of this poster coming to an event.

please read this thread by shotcop I wish you the best but....

the last post leads to another thread with his posts relating to his demeanor,

forewarned is forearmed!

DinFreemont

I am working on a carry friendly restaurant, I would like to find out just what the attitude is locally for a meet up...

I wish this stuff was easy...

I started this because I am just impressed with some positive activism, as for LEOs I am not concerned, everything is legal and above board...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I am working on a carry friendly restaurant, I would like to find out just what the attitude is locally for a meet up...

Looks positive so far! As for the restaurant, just carry. If they don't throw you out, it's a go.

I wish this stuff was easy...

It is easy. Adopt Nike's phrase: "Just do it."

I started this because I am just impressed with some positive activism, as for LEOs I am not concerned, everything is legal and above board...

Yep! And I'm glad you started something positive!

DinFreemont

Any of you guys have a particular preference to Pueblo West, Canon, or Even Springs?

I am willing to drive to Springs, Pueblo, PW, Canon, Penrose (not much there, I know), Florence.

We could always show our appreciation for Starbucks corporate policy with a brunch...:lol:

jhco50

So has anyone decided where to go yet? How about Country Kitchen?

Last edited: