• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Law enforcement helps children 'Shop with a Cop'

protias

$150?! When I was a kid I know my parents didn't even spend that much for all four of us.

Peacekeeper

This is a good worthwhile program. Kids today don't get alot of chances to interact with police officers on a friendly basis. They seem to only see them after something bad happens.

In decades past as a young boy I used to walk downtown with the local beat cop. One of them later became chief of police. Officers today don't get out of their squads enough to build these relationships.

Shop with a cop has representation in Fond du Lac and Dodge counties too.

LR Yote 312

When I was an 18 yr old kid the Capt. of the Local PD of the town I lived in would loan me his 870 shotgun and gave me a case of ammo to go out trap shooting on the condition I bought components I used.

Other than learning how to shoot trap. The only thing I learned was the respect given me was from that Officer only.
The rest of the PD just didnt give a sh+t.

I never once copped the attitude I was untouchable or took advantage of my friendship with the Captain,if anything I tried a little harder to tried to stay of the radar to keep from embarrassing him.

I learned abit of a hard lesson a few months later.

It's never been their job to "Protect" they are only there to remove any liability from the City they serve.

To the media its a great PR move....showing how they care for the kids and its such a wonderful life.
Part they aint tellin us is the only reason those cops care is the over time they are sucking up to do it.

LR Yote

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Shop with a cop is a PR stunt. plain and simple. NOTHING MORE. It makes the cops look human and all like they really care about the less fortunate... blah blah blah....