• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson County Scottsboro / Stevenson

stuckinchico

Hey was wanting to do an Open Carry event Up here..... Im having trouble with Officers Who apparently dont even know what the Fourth Amendment is............ They swear up and down that Its illegal to Video tape and record Them HOWEVER i am a Criminal Justice and Criminal Major almost got my BA degree. I have LEO training out of CAlifornia plus training in Dignitary protection ........... ITs time to stop Corruption Im a one person . I need at east one more capable of video taping

AL Ranger

Well, I'm in Huntsville so you are here in my section of the state. I carry a small video/audio recorder that fits in my belt pouch. I have no trouble recording or OCing. Come onto Alabama Open Carry and we can talk about anything you have in mind.

Kirbinator

Step 1) Gather materials
Step 2) Contact Sheriff
Step 3) Explain to Sheriff that open carry is legal, cite your cases.
Step 4) Contact District Attorney
Step 5) Explain to DA that open carry is legal, cite your cases.
Step 6) Contact County Commission. Advise them that Open Carry is legal, and that any illegal detainments, searches, or seizures may constitute a violation of civil rights under The Constitution and "Color of Law". Inform them, that under "Color Of Law" and The Constitution, the county may become financially liable, as well as each of the individual elected posititions (Sheriff, County Commissioners) and the individual officers involved.
Step 7) Move on to the cities and repeat the process.

aadvark

You MAY have a Problem IF you Open Carry around ScottsBoro, however; I can not say for sure.
In any Case, Alabama Codes 1975 11-45-1.1, 11-80-11, AND 13A-11-73 are clear.

Last edited:

Kirbinator

The issue here is that StuckinChico would like to start or hold an Open Carry event in or around Scottsboro, and doesn't want to be the only one there.

Stuck, I suggest heading over to ALOC and joining the forums there.

AL Ranger

WHy problems in scottsboro ???? I havent found Any local ordinances that prohibit
The complete subject matter of handguns is left to the state legislature (11-45-1.1) so there can not be an local ordinances about handguns without violating state laws. You may get harassed by local LEOs for only two laws.
13A-11-52 has a stipulation about no carry is allowed on premises not your own or under your control. However, 13A-11-55 which talks about unlawful carry states that only CONCEALED carry (meaning without a license) on premises not your own is unlawful.

13A-11-7 is about disorderly conduct and some LEOs use the words "annoyance, public inconvenience, or alarm" as a way to stop OC by claiming it is disorderly conduct. However, there is no mention of firearms in this law and there is no provision in this law that allows anyone: judges, lawyers, LEOs, etc. to define what is and what isn't disorderly conduct. There are 6 definitions given and none mention firearms.

Learn the law and be able to defend yourself. Make sure you have a recorder going to get all the info if you are stopped. Contact me on AL Open Carry and we will set up a meeting.

Last edited: