Thread: OC Picnic day next year ? open to all VA Oc'ers... Good idea?

OC Picnic day next year ? open to all VA Oc'ers... Good idea?

So I was thinking, and I saw back in 2008 they had a picnic, I was wondering would people come out to it next year (2011) sometime in May or June? Plan this far out people could make it? I think it would be great to get a bunch of OC'ers all over VA to come to a picnic, its been over 2 years.

I just wrote a 8 page paper today, so I wanted to plan a fun event lol..

And this far ahead more people would have a better chance to schedule it in.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-28-2010 at 01:18 AM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    So I was thinking, and I saw back in 2008 they had a picnic, I was wondering would people come out to it next year (2011) sometime in May or June? Plan this far out people could make it? I think it would be great to get a bunch of OC'ers all over VA to come to a picnic, its been over 2 years.

Thoughts?
    Plan it and they will come.
    Just remember to pick a place that's OC legal, central enough for everyone to get there and has facilities other than bushes

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Plan it and they will come.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    +1

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Thoughts?
    We've had at least one in Northern Virginia every year for at least the last four. They're generally very well attended. Just plan it, as others have said. You have to allow at least a few weeks notice, and there will be those who RSVP and don't show, and those who show but don't RSVP. Semper gumby and have fun.

Are you talking about the VCDL picnic that we have each year or a separate OC picnic.

I think 6L6GC had planned the last couple VCDL picnics in Newport News.

Last year was so hot we could only bear (arms) for an hour or so before we bailed and jumped in our pool.

It is fine to schedule another picnic just if you are talking about the VCDL picnic contact 6L6GC to assist in planning etc. Since the VCDL picnic has been on the peninsula if you plan another you migh consider somewhere on the southside like trashmore or other park.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    Are you talking about the VCDL picnic that we have each year or a separate OC picnic.

I think 6L6GC had planned the last couple VCDL picnics in Newport News.

Last year was so hot we could only bear (arms) for an hour or so before we bailed and jumped in our pool.

It is fine to schedule another picnic just if you are talking about the VCDL picnic contact 6L6GC to assist in planning etc. Since the VCDL picnic has been on the peninsula if you plan another you migh consider somewhere on the southside like trashmore or other park.
    Thats what I really ment, VCDL picnic.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Thats what I really ment, VCDL picnic.
    Then I take back what I said. VCDL picnics are coordinated events, usually approved by the Board, though I can't imagine them saying "no".

We've had OCDO picnics the past four years.

Grand idea. Doesn't matter where, people will go. Probably be a good idea to avoid the hotter days unless there is a pool nearby

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Then I take back what I said. VCDL picnics are coordinated events, usually approved by the Board, though I can't imagine them saying "no".

We've had OCDO picnics the past four years.
    Hmmm I will see what happens, I will ask about a VCDL picnic, if not I will really be thinking about the OCDO picnic.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-28-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Byrd Park?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.