• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic day next year ? open to all VA Oc'ers... Good idea?

ocholsteroc

So I was thinking, and I saw back in 2008 they had a picnic, I was wondering would people come out to it next year (2011) sometime in May or June? Plan this far out people could make it? I think it would be great to get a bunch of OC'ers all over VA to come to a picnic, its been over 2 years.

I just wrote a 8 page paper today, so I wanted to plan a fun event lol..

And this far ahead more people would have a better chance to schedule it in.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So I was thinking, and I saw back in 2008 they had a picnic, I was wondering would people come out to it next year (2011) sometime in May or June? Plan this far out people could make it? I think it would be great to get a bunch of OC'ers all over VA to come to a picnic, its been over 2 years.

Thoughts?

Plan it and they will come.
Just remember to pick a place that's OC legal, central enough for everyone to get there and has facilities other than bushes:lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member

Thoughts?

We've had at least one in Northern Virginia every year for at least the last four. They're generally very well attended. Just plan it, as others have said. You have to allow at least a few weeks notice, and there will be those who RSVP and don't show, and those who show but don't RSVP. Semper gumby and have fun.

45acpForMe

Are you talking about the VCDL picnic that we have each year or a separate OC picnic.

I think 6L6GC had planned the last couple VCDL picnics in Newport News.

Last year was so hot we could only bear (arms) for an hour or so before we bailed and jumped in our pool.

It is fine to schedule another picnic just if you are talking about the VCDL picnic contact 6L6GC to assist in planning etc. Since the VCDL picnic has been on the peninsula if you plan another you migh consider somewhere on the southside like trashmore or other park.

ocholsteroc

Are you talking about the VCDL picnic that we have each year or a separate OC picnic.

I think 6L6GC had planned the last couple VCDL picnics in Newport News.

Last year was so hot we could only bear (arms) for an hour or so before we bailed and jumped in our pool.

It is fine to schedule another picnic just if you are talking about the VCDL picnic contact 6L6GC to assist in planning etc. Since the VCDL picnic has been on the peninsula if you plan another you migh consider somewhere on the southside like trashmore or other park.

Thats what I really ment, VCDL picnic.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thats what I really ment, VCDL picnic.

Then I take back what I said. VCDL picnics are coordinated events, usually approved by the Board, though I can't imagine them saying "no".

We've had OCDO picnics the past four years.

ocholsteroc

Then I take back what I said. VCDL picnics are coordinated events, usually approved by the Board, though I can't imagine them saying "no".

We've had OCDO picnics the past four years.

Hmmm I will see what happens, I will ask about a VCDL picnic, if not I will really be thinking about the OCDO picnic.

Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited: