Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: shooting at eastland mall

  1. #1
    Regular Member kryptonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    248

    shooting at eastland mall

    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-mall-shooting

    saw this on national news - not local. i know what would have helped in this case. i've never been to eastland mall or ever plan on it but this is how we look to the nation today.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Criminals shooting criminals and an unfortunate innocent caught in the crossfire. This kind of crap accounts for most of the "handgun violence" the anti-gunners try to use to restrict our 2A rights.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440
    Ah, yes. Eastland Mall...1 mile from my house. I go there on occasion. Actually I was at the Sears there 4 days ago with my wife, OCing. I'll start looking for the "no firearms" sign to go up any day now.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    Why do they keep saying there were 2 victims?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Why do they keep saying there were 2 victims?
    IDK, because there were 2 victims. One guy(probably the target) shot in the chest, a worker at a store running from the scene shot in the leg. 2 people shot equals 2 victims.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    .
    Last edited by stainless1911; 11-28-2010 at 02:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Oh, I see, so its like the victim that was shot as he was burglarizing a home while threatening the homeowners life.
    Yeah, it's exactly like that(sarcasm). WTF?!? I'm just gonna go out on a limb and assume you have not read the article.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Bronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,157
    I believe that Stainless is saying he doesn't consider the youth who was engaged in the fight to be a "victim" because he was a willing participant in the initial argument.

    Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I believe that Stainless is saying he doesn't consider the youth who was engaged in the fight to be a "victim" because he was a willing participant in the initial argument.

    Bronson
    That is how I took it as well. IMO I think the police and media sometimes over use the word victim. When I hear the term victim I tend to think it was an innocent person who was injured or killed, not a criminal who got shot while looking for trouble.

  10. #10
    Regular Member kryptonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    248
    what would be a better term for an illegal participant that gets shot from their own criminal initiative? i agree they shouldn't be classified as a victim. maybe TARGET.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Onnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybee, Michigan
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    what would be a better term for an illegal participant that gets shot from their own criminal initiative? I agree they shouldn't be classified as a victim. Maybe target.
    dead
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

    Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

  12. #12
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    what would be a better term for an illegal participant that gets shot from their own criminal initiative? i agree they shouldn't be classified as a victim. maybe TARGET.
    How about...a victim and a suspect were shot.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    How about...a victim and a suspect were shot.
    +1

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I believe that Stainless is saying he doesn't consider the youth who was engaged in the fight to be a "victim" because he was a willing participant in the initial argument.

    Bronson
    Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    That is how I took it as well. IMO I think the police and media sometimes over use the word victim. When I hear the term victim I tend to think it was an innocent person who was injured or killed, not a criminal who got shot while looking for trouble.
    Yes, this.

    +1 ven

  15. #15
    Regular Member kryptonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    248
    scot623 - just out of curiousity what is the racial makeup of that mall? never been there and never had a reason to go to that end of town. if anybody wants to pile on me for trying to make a racial issue out of this you're wrong.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    scot623 - just out of curiousity what is the racial makeup of that mall? never been there and never had a reason to go to that end of town. if anybody wants to pile on me for trying to make a racial issue out of this you're wrong.
    I'd say 75% black, 25% other...give or take.

  17. #17
    Regular Member fozzy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    932
    I OC'd at the Home Depot next door a week or two ago.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I OC'd at the Home Depot next door a week or two ago.
    I OC at the Lowes, Home Depot and Target in that mall at least weekly, sometime more. I'd love to have a LEO stop me there and ask why I feel it neccesary to OC there now. HA!

  19. #19
    Regular Member fozzy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I OC at the Lowes, Home Depot and Target in that mall at least weekly, sometime more. I'd love to have a LEO stop me there and ask why I feel it neccesary to OC there now. HA!
    That home depot is the closest one to me, but I normally drive north to 13 & Little Mack instead.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •