• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shooting at eastland mall

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Criminals shooting criminals and an unfortunate innocent caught in the crossfire. This kind of crap accounts for most of the "handgun violence" the anti-gunners try to use to restrict our 2A rights.

scot623

Ah, yes. Eastland Mall...1 mile from my house. I go there on occasion. Actually I was at the Sears there 4 days ago with my wife, OCing. I'll start looking for the "no firearms" sign to go up any day now.

Bronson

I believe that Stainless is saying he doesn't consider the youth who was engaged in the fight to be a "victim" because he was a willing participant in the initial argument.

Bronson

budlight

I believe that Stainless is saying he doesn't consider the youth who was engaged in the fight to be a "victim" because he was a willing participant in the initial argument.

Bronson

That is how I took it as well. IMO I think the police and media sometimes over use the word victim. When I hear the term victim I tend to think it was an innocent person who was injured or killed, not a criminal who got shot while looking for trouble.

kryptonian

what would be a better term for an illegal participant that gets shot from their own criminal initiative? i agree they shouldn't be classified as a victim. maybe TARGET.

stainless1911

Banned

Bronson

That is how I took it as well. IMO I think the police and media sometimes over use the word victim. When I hear the term victim I tend to think it was an innocent person who was injured or killed, not a criminal who got shot while looking for trouble.

Yes, this.

+1 ven

kryptonian

scot623 - just out of curiousity what is the racial makeup of that mall? never been there and never had a reason to go to that end of town. if anybody wants to pile on me for trying to make a racial issue out of this you're wrong.

fozzy71

I OC at the Lowes, Home Depot and Target in that mall at least weekly, sometime more. I'd love to have a LEO stop me there and ask why I feel it neccesary to OC there now. HA!

That home depot is the closest one to me, but I normally drive north to 13 & Little Mack instead. :uhoh: