• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citibank

vroom_vroom

So in light of the us bank three (this is the second time it has inspired me to post a new topic)

How many of us open carry I'n our local banks. Thinking about it it makes more sense to carry there than any where else.

I use citibank and can say I have never carried I'n the bank I have to go there to day so why not.

MilitaryMike

I bank online but sometimes when I have to roll into a bank I use the Wells Fargo off of Losee and Centennial. Never had an issue...some looks, but no confrontations.

Nevada carrier

The only time I have an issue tends to come from the contracted security guards who just assume that firearms are not allowed into my local branch. The way I handle it is to refuse to disarm, and tell them "I understand you may not be aware of the branch managers policy, I will wait out side while you confirm that I am allowed to be armed inside the bank."

This has always resolved the issue, if one arose, but most times the security guard sees me enter the bank and just waits inside the door while I conduct my business and leave.

45 ACP rocks

Nevada Federal Credit Union seems to be OK with OC. I go into the branch on W Craig Rd near Target at least once a month, never had a comment.

45 ACP rocks

Vegas Rick-

I can second on NV FCU. They are posted at my branch near Rainbow & Alta, but I ignore the sign and never had anything but courteous service.

Tim

Hmmm....no consistency in sign posting; I keep my eye out for change each time I go in. Most credit unions are much more member/customer friendly than banks IMHO.

Good job on ignoring the stupid sign, anyway -- I suspect lots of posted places will blind-eye the muzzy-thinking dolt who decided to declare another criminal friendly zone.

28kfps

Vegas Rick-

I can second on NV FCU. They are posted at my branch near Rainbow & Alta, but I ignore the sign and never had anything but courteous service.

Tim

Tim, I have no doubt you would ignore the sign. I have a million reasons why I think that. I have open carried in BofA no problems. An unarmed security guard closely followed me at one of the inside a store BofA. It would seem to me if I was a bad guy with a gun and him being unarmed he would be better off peaking from around a corner than standing less than 10 feet away.

vroom_vroom

^ i have a feeling me and tim would get along just fine:) yea hit up citi on sunset and green valley all smiles and no one looked twice at me in checkers (the car got a few second looks though:) )

Last edited:

rickc1962

So in light of the us bank three (this is the second time it has inspired me to post a new topic)

How many of us open carry I'n our local banks. Thinking about it it makes more sense to carry there than any where else.

I use citibank and can say I have never carried I'n the bank I have to go there to day so why not.

I carry openly in my locale wells fargo branch, and two branches in food stores, I have spoke to the maneger, account spec.,tellers, and thay all agree we as gun owners have the right to carry, thay seem to be a pro gun business, not only do thay welcome my business with a smile, but have given me cards to pass out to {there own words} my pro gun frainds! Thay said if other banks won`t do business with them, wells fargo will.

Lostlittlerobot

I posted a while back, but I'll chime in here. I use wells fargo and I've had one branch supervisor/manager tell me I couldn't have a gun in her bank. I asked her if that was a recent change, because I've been a customer for 10 years and never heard such a thing, and knew that no laws recently had changed. She was positive I could not have a gun in the bank, and I asked her to contact her boss or corporate before she embarrased herself further. The whole time she was a complete bitch about it, and it made things more difficult on my end to be civil. She came back after making a call and said "they are working on coming up with a policy." I laughed a bit at her, and asked if the few hundred years worth of firearms being around wasn't enough time to make a policy. She kept insisting that the bank preferred I not bring it in, and I kept replying that I prefer to always have it with me. She even said "well you can imagine with all of the robberies lately it would make our customers and employees nervous". I said something like 'wow, if ya'll are getting robbed a lot lately then I definitely want it with me', what a no brainer there. She never apologized for her rude behavior, or even admitted to being wrong.

I actually conducted my business that trip, left the store, noticed the clerk transferred to the incorrect account, and had to go back in. When I came back in she said very rudely "Well now what do you want?!" I just laughed and told her that the clerk made a mistake and transferred the money to someone else, and I needed it fixed. Still no apology or anything.

I still bank with them, all around the valley. And still time to time get a comment or two about not being able to carry. I usually just nod and smile, say oh ok, I'll remember that - so can I do my transaction? It's a sad time when you can't explain to people the right way - that they just get upset and angry and don't listen or change their mind/attitude about something they're ignorant on - BUT - if you act stupid and ignorant yourself, then they usually go back to treating you nice and skip their attitude/hissy fit.

rickc1962

Good story! Today I had to go to my bank for a money order, the line was packed, had my ruger 45 lc on as always, no looks from customers, happy smiles from employes, all and all a good day.