• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thurston County Jury Duty....

massivedesign

Well tomorrow I have JD at Thurston County. Since I am heading to work (hopefully) afterward, I am planning on CC'ing, but will be testing the lock box situation.

I'll have my recorder running... I'll update via the iphone once I am in. :D

tony d tiger

Well tomorrow I have JD at Thurston County. Since I am heading to work (hopefully) afterward, I am planning on CC'ing, but will be testing the lock box situation.

I'll have my recorder running... I'll update via the iphone once I am in. :D

... been looking through their website and such - did a site recon yesterday. The lockbox is outside the main entry door - 12 or so individual boxes IIRC.
... ;)

Last edited:

massivedesign

Made it. Pretty painless but a lot of people were called.

Securing the firearm was painless. They have lockboxes outside and open the door for you. You secure your own weapon then they lock it. There is no key given but a generic laminated call tag is handed to you with the box # on it.

They did ask to see my CPL once it was secured and I complied because I was CC today.

They only have 8 boxes though. Should be interesting as we have over 100 here today if there are any vacancies.

Have not met up with Tony yet either.

massivedesign

Went to lunch and back to court. Deputy was great. Secured and unsecured each time.

I would say Thurston County has got it 99% right. Sure I don't have a key, but no hassles at all.