• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st Sunday - Lakewood Starbucks

Deleted_User

I'm going to make this a monthly thing since I can't make the other meets and what not. Anyone that wishes to come have coffee with me, Ani, and my dad are welcome to join us.

Where: Starbucks 5700 100th Street Suite 440 Lakewood, WA
When: Sunday December 5th @ 10am
Why: Because we can
How: Anyway you can
Who: Anyone who wants some coffee, OC, CC, or NC

Breakfast will be @ Carr's @ 8am. Carr's is on Bridgeport & 110th before you hit the seven eleven. The portions are HUGE so be warned. The average breakfast runs about $10. I may not make it, but a few people are going to, so I posted it.

See you when we see you!

Last edited:

devildoc5

I'm going to make this a monthly thing since I can't make the other meets and what not. Anyone that wishes to come have coffee with me, Ani, and my dad are welcome to join us.

Where: Starbucks 5700 100th Street Suite 440 Lakewood, WA
When: Sunday December 5th @ 10am
Why: Because we can
How: Anyway you can
Who: Anyone who wants some coffee, OC, CC, or NC

Breakfast will be @ Carr's @ 9am. Carr's is on Bridgeport & 109th before you hit the seven eleven. The portions are HUGE so be warned. The average breakfast runs about $10. I may not make it, but a few people are going to, so I posted it.

See you when we see you!

North Carolina?!?!?!?!????? I thought this was Lakewood??!!???!!!????!!!!!!????????

P.S.: You forgot to post the results of the Committee Vote that approved this meet....

Deleted_User

North Carolina?!?!?!?!????? I thought this was Lakewood??!!???!!!????!!!!!!????????

P.S.: You forgot to post the results of the Committee Vote that approved this meet....

NC is No Carry, you twit!

I ran out of lifelines and couldn't poll the audience. So, after the success of the last meet, I took it upon myself to hold another one. That's how I roll. :banana:

Squeak

NC is No Carry, you twit!

I ran out of lifelines and couldn't poll the audience. So, after the success of the last meet, I took it upon myself to hold another one. That's how I roll. :banana:
SECURITY - Did you notify security? Son, there are bad people out there! Don't just go out on your own! I admire your enthusiasm(sp) , but be careful!:lol:

Deleted_User

I forgot to notify security. I figured we'd have it covered. That Starbucks will be the safest in the state ... for an hour or so.

Do you want to come join us and keep us safe Squeak? If not, how about Coffee in Gig Harbor (or somewhere close) on the 12th of December?

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Playing Bumpity Bump Bump

I need to go to the range. Hey Doc, call me and let's set something up for this weekend.

devildoc5

I will be there around 8ish at Carr's...anyone who is there is welcome to join me...I will ALSO be at Starbucks on 100th at 10Am...1000 hrs for those of you that understand the comment....

Even though I am apparently the Black Sheep of the family...so to speak...I will be there....

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Doc, you're WHITE!

SigFan
Goose
Ani
Mouse
DevilDoc5
Ruby
.45ACPaddy
Golddigger14s +1 Cherry Day (Dewayne) I forgot his name, Thanks Golddigger

It was a GREAT turnout. Someone else was carrying behind us but I am not totally sure who it was. Either way we had a good little get together. I look forward to the meets and seeing everyone every week :)

No committees were formed during the meet, voted on the meet taking place, nor paid for the coffee. See everyone next month.

Discussion topics:
Retention
Zombie Apocalypse
LEO views on OC and local department training
Bonney Lake code revisions
Lakewood's stance on OC

Last edited:

tony d tiger

SigFan
Goose
Ani
Mouse
DevilDoc5
Ruby
.45ACPaddy
Golddigger14s +1 Cherry Day (Dewayne) I forgot his name, Thanks Golddigger

It was a GREAT turnout. Someone else was carrying behind us but I am not totally sure who it was. Either way we had a good little get together. I look forward to the meets and seeing everyone every week :)

No committees were formed during the meet, voted on the meet taking place, nor paid for the coffee. See everyone next month.

Discussion topics:
Retention
Zombie Apocalypse
LEO views on OC and local department training
Bonney Lake code revisions
Lakewood's stance on OC

That woulda' been me. ;) just sniffin' around. Seemed like a good group of people. Thanks for handling things low-key an' all. If those three gals at the next table would've gotten up, I would have moved over there next to y'all and introduced myself.

Ruby

That woulda' been me. ;) just sniffin' around. Seemed like a good group of people. Thanks for handling things low-key an' all. If those three gals at the next table would've gotten up, I would have moved over there next to y'all and introduced myself.

Next time please do! We always make room for newcomers! Please come to the next meet, introduce yourself and join in!

Please visit the thread for 2nd Saturday meet in Federal Way; you are welcome to join us there as well.

Deleted_User

I will apologize for not introducing myself but I knew you were listening and what not. It was nice to see someone else carry and just be themselves though. It was a great day to be had by all. I'll shake your hand next time I see you for sure.

Take care all. Enjoy your December. MERRY CHRISTMAS or whatever your holiday of choice may be!

+1 to Ruby and the rest who spotted Tony though as our SA seemed to be working well. This was something else we discussed also as a few incidents have happened of late.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Why did not one of you go over and ask to join him? or have him come over to your table?
No, I was not there. I was doing my OC all over Tacoma and Puyallup, all day long. Boring... no comments at all.

Deleted_User

Why did not one of you go over and ask to join him? or have him come over to your table?
No, I was not there. I was doing my OC all over Tacoma and Puyallup, all day long. Boring... no comments at all.

Honestly, he sat right behind me and it was a tad crowded to start. We did pick a table in the middle of the shop. Location, Location, Location :)

tony d tiger

:banghead: I was actually headed to the open chair at the table (up against the wall) but that chair got moved by the time I got mah grub. So I asked the cutie w/the laptop if she minded sharing her table. Wasn't trying to be unsocial or anything - nor did I feel pressured or "snubbed." It was just... crowded. I don't much like crowded. *shrug*

xxx.jakk.xxx

:banghead: I was actually headed to the open chair at the table (up against the wall) but that chair got moved by the time I got mah grub. So I asked the cutie w/the laptop if she minded sharing her table. Wasn't trying to be unsocial or anything - nor did I feel pressured or "snubbed." It was just... crowded. I don't much like crowded. *shrug*

Sounds like you may have gotten a better table. =p

Deleted_User

I think that was Golddigger14s daughter. So you were still "in the group" anyhow :)

On a side note, I TRULY HATE crowded. Tactically, you were in the best seat and I felt no danger from you sitting behind me. Devildoc had the door to my right and I had the main door. Luckily, tactics weren't needed. Devildoc, call me if you get a chance. I'm pondering coffee tomorrow. So when you come over I might not be here.

Last edited: