Thread: voice recording app for blackberry storm?

voice recording app for blackberry storm?

anyone have an app for voice recording on the blackberry storm? trying to decide if it is worth getting an audio recorder or if my phone will suffice.

kenzmad

"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    well, thanks for that. lots of help, that gave me 2,620,000 results. If anyone else has any info, I am looking for one that someone uses that actually works and that they can recommend.

kenzmad

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Qik is pretty good it is for video but records audio to and uploads it to a passworded website. So even if someone were to confiscate your phone they cannot get rid of the recording.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Blackberry's have a built in Voice Recorder. Go to the Media icon and select "Record voice note". The icon looks like a little microphone. I don't know how long it will record but just started it going and will update this post when I know. If you move the icon to your home screen you will have instant access to it when needed.

Edit: 15 minutes and counting so far.

Edit: Well I'm at 24 minutes. I found somewhere on crackberry forums that it was only good for 10 minutes but that doesn't seem to be true. I think we can safely assume that it will run til you lose battery power or your memory is full. The 25 minute recording takes up 2MB of memory so it isn't really much.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by heresolong; 11-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Qik is pretty good it is for video but records audio to and uploads it to a passworded website. So even if someone were to confiscate your phone they cannot get rid of the recording.
    you got the same phone i do, have you ever gotten that stupid qik thing to actually work???? I can't figure it out, I just gave up.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

QIK is hit and miss on my BB Curve. The voice note option seems to work better but for my BB records in 15 min segments.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    you got the same phone i do, have you ever gotten that stupid qik thing to actually work???? I can't figure it out, I just gave up.
    Qik wont work with my Samsung either and it wont auto connect to my Parrot car system. If anyone knows of a remote voice recorder I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    Blackberry's have a built in Voice Recorder. Go to the Media icon and select "Record voice note". The icon looks like a little microphone. I don't know how long it will record but just started it going and will update this post when I know. If you move the icon to your home screen you will have instant access to it when needed.

Edit: 15 minutes and counting so far.

Edit: Well I'm at 24 minutes. I found somewhere on crackberry forums that it was only good for 10 minutes but that doesn't seem to be true. I think we can safely assume that it will run til you lose battery power or your memory is full. The 25 minute recording takes up 2MB of memory so it isn't really much.

Hope this helps.
    thanks for this. I am in the process of tring to use the buttons on the side to activate the recorder. I was not able to find the qik or quik app that the others were talking about. thanks again.

kenzmad

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    The few times I tried it it worked, it didn't seem like it but then later all the video was there.

Quote Originally Posted by kenzmad View Post
    thanks for this. I am in the process of tring to use the buttons on the side to activate the recorder. I was not able to find the qik or quik app that the others were talking about. thanks again.

kenzmad
    Qik is an app you can d/l search it on your browser you have to set up on a regular computer.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)