• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

voice recording app for blackberry storm?

kenzmad

anyone have an app for voice recording on the blackberry storm? trying to decide if it is worth getting an audio recorder or if my phone will suffice.

kenzmad

sudden valley gunner

Qik is pretty good it is for video but records audio to and uploads it to a passworded website. So even if someone were to confiscate your phone they cannot get rid of the recording.

heresolong

Blackberry's have a built in Voice Recorder. Go to the Media icon and select "Record voice note". The icon looks like a little microphone. I don't know how long it will record but just started it going and will update this post when I know. If you move the icon to your home screen you will have instant access to it when needed.

Edit: 15 minutes and counting so far.

Edit: Well I'm at 24 minutes. I found somewhere on crackberry forums that it was only good for 10 minutes but that doesn't seem to be true. I think we can safely assume that it will run til you lose battery power or your memory is full. The 25 minute recording takes up 2MB of memory so it isn't really much.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

Qik is pretty good it is for video but records audio to and uploads it to a passworded website. So even if someone were to confiscate your phone they cannot get rid of the recording.

you got the same phone i do, have you ever gotten that stupid qik thing to actually work???? I can't figure it out, I just gave up.

Jeff Hayes

you got the same phone i do, have you ever gotten that stupid qik thing to actually work???? I can't figure it out, I just gave up.

Qik wont work with my Samsung either and it wont auto connect to my Parrot car system. If anyone knows of a remote voice recorder I'm all ears.

kenzmad

Blackberry's have a built in Voice Recorder. Go to the Media icon and select "Record voice note". The icon looks like a little microphone. I don't know how long it will record but just started it going and will update this post when I know. If you move the icon to your home screen you will have instant access to it when needed.

Edit: 15 minutes and counting so far.

Edit: Well I'm at 24 minutes. I found somewhere on crackberry forums that it was only good for 10 minutes but that doesn't seem to be true. I think we can safely assume that it will run til you lose battery power or your memory is full. The 25 minute recording takes up 2MB of memory so it isn't really much.

Hope this helps.

thanks for this. I am in the process of tring to use the buttons on the side to activate the recorder. I was not able to find the qik or quik app that the others were talking about. thanks again.

kenzmad

sudden valley gunner

The few times I tried it it worked, it didn't seem like it but then later all the video was there.

thanks for this. I am in the process of tring to use the buttons on the side to activate the recorder. I was not able to find the qik or quik app that the others were talking about. thanks again.

kenzmad

Qik is an app you can d/l search it on your browser you have to set up on a regular computer.