Thread: Is this what we have to look forward too?

Banned

Is this what we have to look forward too?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...64#post1405564

Cabell county sheriff says you cannot open carry once you receive a concealed permit.

Hi! Greetings from Washington!

There is a discussion about open carry here:
    http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419326

This was posted in that discussion:
    Quote:
    You may want to research your state laws
    I just called the Cabell County Sheriff's office who gave me my permit and this is what they said

"If you have a concealed carry permit,your gun must be concealed.

You do not need a permit to carry a gun openly,but under this law your gun has to be visible at all times.

I am repeating what they told me,and i don't think i want to test the waters and taking a chance of getting my permit revoked or worse.

I don't know if you guys want to address this sheriff pushing out his personal opinions as law. I figure voting constituents would probably have a better chance at correcting him then someone from Washington state would.

Coming to Wisconsin?
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 11-29-2010 at 10:24 AM.

I hope not. Has the question been asked of the legislature?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I hope not. Has the question been asked of the legislature?
    I have asked my legislators if this is what is intended for Wisconsin and they have told me that they would not support a compromise of OCW for CCW.
    But that is only my legislators, I do not know what everyone else is hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    I have asked my legislators if this is what is intended for Wisconsin and they have told me that they would not support a compromise of OCW for CCW.
    But that is only my legislators, I do not know what everyone else is hearing.
    If I could get any response from my legislators I'd post it. Apparently they don't care about any aspect of carry. Wirch and Barca are as useless as teats on boar.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.