• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Topeca's before the Richmond VCDL meeting December 2, 2010

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Considering the quality of the food and the service we've received at Unos in the past, is anyone interested in going to Topeca's for dinner before the meeting?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Uno's on Hull Street - the one near Phil's house. Meeting officially starts at 7:30 but most of the good conversation starts at 7.

Sorry, but you will have to look up the address.

As for Topeka's before - I was thinking more like either 6 PM or wait till afterwards.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Where is the VCDL meeting taking place? I would like to attend.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Uno's Chicago Grill
[/FONT] 13933 Hull Street Road
Deer Run Village Shopping Center
Midlothian, VA 23112
804-763-4900

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
After would be better I think. Would not be rushed

Suits me and it sounds like it's OK with Skidmark.

It will take me a few minutes to breakdown the sound system that Philip doesn't know I'm bringing:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It will take me a few minutes to breakdown the sound system that Philip doesn't know I'm bringing:lol:

:shocker::uhoh:Well he does now:lol:

I zink zat vas de intent.

Myself and others do thank you Peter - it is very difficult to hear (impossible?) from the rear and in the hall like area of that room. Some of us have trouble from 5' away so put a speaker up front too, please.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We had the room packed. Lots of good insight - diced, chopped and canned for future use.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry I had to miss the after-event meal.

Whoever said "Better living through chemistry" knew what they were talking about.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry I had to miss the after-event meal.

Whoever said "Better living through chemistry" knew what they were talking about.

stay safe.

E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company - my very first full time employer.

1935-1982: "Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry."
1982-1999: "Better Things for Better Living"
Since 1999: "The miracles of science".

The company that started with black powder, was first to introduce smokeless powder, and later developed KEVLAR® and NOMEX®.

All American Nightmare

E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company - my very first full time employer.

1935-1982: "Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry."
1982-1999: "Better Things for Better Living"
Since 1999: "The miracles of science".

The company that started with black powder, was first to introduce smokeless powder, and later developed KEVLAR® and NOMEX®.
How long did you work for Dupont?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How long did you work for Dupont?

Only for a couple of years and that was before push button phones and when people "dialed up" their friends to tell them about the best ammo prices - which incidentally was about a penny a round.