• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Second Amendment Association

MM_45

This group supports the open carry law we are trying to get passed here in oklahoma.
Here is a link: www.ok2a.org

I have attended a meeting last month and going to attend another meeting this thursday in okc at the H&H gun range at 6:30p.m. Anybody interested is welcome to attend. There will also be a meeting Dec.14 at 7p.m at the bass pro shop in Broken Arrow.

MM_45

At the meeting Sen. Steve Russell talked with us about some of the gun bills to be introduced and also said that Sue Tibbs could pose a threat to some of bills and there was talk that the house wants to concentrate more on economical issues rather than other stuff and whether or not these bills will be heard or not. Here are the some of the bills to be introduced:

1. Two open carry bills but the second bill is going to be a back up bill in case the first bill doesnt pass. The first open carry bill will allow anybody 18 or older to open carry a firearm without a ccw as long as its carried in a holster or sling. The second bill will be similar to this years bill and will allow open carry with a ccw.

2. College Carry.

3. Allow ccw holders to carry in city and state buildings.

4. Allow people to carry a loaded gun in a vehicle without a ccw.

Also we are going to be doing a demonstration in Bartlesville,Ok along with other groups monday evening at a place were state representives are going to be in order to get them to hear pro gun legislation and will also get media attention. I will have more info on that shortly.

MM_45

The demonstration will be in downtown Bartlesville in front of the Phillips Building (the tallest downtown building) across from the rear of the Hilton Garden Inn at 5:00 pm tomorrow (Monday). The demonstration will last until approximately 7:00 pm. If you come please bring some signs to hold up but nothing derogatory.