• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots fired in Marinette HS

JJC

Wait a minute. no guns are allowed withing 1000 feet of the school. Somebody should tell this bad guy that.

Let's see if he's charged with the 1000ft rule.

JJC

protias

Clearly a made up story. There is no way anyone can possess a firearm within 1000' of a school, let alone on school property. /sarcasm

Beretta-m9

"I would say there's over 100 officers here, everyone from Marinette County, Green Bay ... It's very shocking," Behrendt said.

100 cops likely all getting paid to sit on their behinds and do what ? that's rediculous. Swat was there I see no need in the tax payers paying for 100 officers there, and if there were 100 who was patrolling the rest of the county ?

protias

Green Bay news reported he had a .22 and 9mm pistol with him. He had shot himself and his condition is not known at this time. He did shoot into the classroom, but no one else was harmed. He had no prior history with the police.

J.Gleason

Banned
He was letting hostages go because they had to use the bathroom. This shows he had no intent on hurting anyone. Clearly he was seeking attention for some reason. There will be a lot come out in the next day or so.

1FASTC4

Glad no victims got hurt. I feel for the shooter's family.
Imagine the terror of captives... and their parents. I think I'd go ape**** and head down there to storm the place myself if my kids were in there.

nevinsb

Odd, when I was watching it on CNN international, it said he had released the hostages, no mention of any shots fired (Other than N Korea).

Beretta-m9

Glad no victims got hurt. I feel for the shooter's family.
Imagine the terror of captives... and their parents. I think I'd go ape**** and head down there to storm the place myself if my kids were in there.

+1

johnny amish

More proof that we should allow teachers to carry.
The news clip I saw was a woman saying, this is a quiet neighborhood, you would never expect something like this to happen here. If not here, then where? Somewhere, is here. Why do sheeple think this always happens to someone else?
Sheeple need to wake up and realize that there is danger EVERYWHERE, even in school.
We need to give teachers the right to protect our children.
GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES DON'T WORK.

LR Yote 312

More proof that we should allow teachers to carry.
The news clip I saw was a woman saying, this is a quiet neighborhood, you would never expect something like this to happen here. If not here, then where? Somewhere, is here. Why do sheeple think this always happens to someone else?
Sheeple need to wake up and realize that there is danger EVERYWHERE, even in school.
We need to give teachers the right to protect our children.
GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES DON'T WORK.

+ 1000

They still havent learned they cant keep drugs out of the schools.
I dont know what makes them think they can keep guns out of schools.

!20 yrs ago we sent kids to school with a gun so the could protect themselves from the wild animals encountered on the way.

Today the 2 legged animals are a bigger threat in the schools then the 4 legged ones ever were on the way to school.

LR Yote

Last edited:
M

McX

sounds like a school zone is a good place for an open carrier to be. oh, no wait, i'm wrong, there are NEVER any guns, nor need(s) for a gun in a school zone...............nevermind.

littlewolf

Green Bay news reported he had a .22 and 9mm pistol with him. He had shot himself and his condition is not known at this time. He did shoot into the classroom, but no one else was harmed. He had no prior history with the police.

FOX NEWS reported he had a 22mm and a 9mm. I bet that 22mm was heavy ! they also said he shot a projector.

TyGuy

22mm, yikes!

Yeah, I hate those darn projectors too. Let's just use the whiteboard, the markers smell good.

I'm glad no one but the shooter was harmed. Again it shows how danger could happen anywhere.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
didn't take long for the WAVE gouls to jump for joy (giving thumps up) for this on their facebook page. Sickening.