• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Dinner Month Poll

What Month do you think the National event should be in for 2011?

• January

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feburary

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • March

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • May

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • June

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daylen

If the date is not settled on then lets vote on it and start narrowing it down.

Coded-Dude

not sure if trying to have this on a federal holiday would be as efficient picking a month with no major holiday(march/april). but opinions vary.

carracer

I suggest posting this link in your individual states threads as I did Idaho's. I think it will get more response and interest that way.

eye95

it seemed like no one was pushing for that date for this year.

Actually, I did mention July. My idea was to have one as soon as possible, and then annually in July. That idea drew about as much support as the current plan, but...

At least we are asking the membership with this poll. That is a step in the right direction.

sultan62

I said April. I want to wait until it's warming up some, so OC is easy to accomplish. I'm easy though.

eye95

I thought I'd bump this up to see if a few more folks would weigh in on the month for the dinner. It looks like April is starting to run away with it.

I would've preferred sooner (you can see interest is waning; it is important that we do the first one soon), but April is better than later.

eye95

Well, there will be a lot of Tea Party events hogging the media attention during the week of the 15th. We might want to avoid that particular week. The 8th or earlier or the 18th or later would help our goals to be the focus.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Folks, I grew up in Florida, Louisiana, and Northern Virginia. In those areas, April would be just fine.

But I've also spent time in Washington state, Alaska, NH, VT, etc., ad nauseum...

April is too early for any sort of open outdoor picnic, as it's just too darn cold.

May works for the vast majority of us, either hot or cold weather. We humans are very adaptive, and I'm very tired of riding herd on this issue. COMMUNICATE, people!

I'll ride herd on the ancilliary issues, but when it comes to making things right...

eye95

I don't see a heckuva lot of difference in temperature between May 1, the day you are pushing, and late April. If you want pretty certain warmth, go late May. I think that any day April 18 - 30 would avoid the thinking that we are having just another Tea Party event, while having quite nice weather for any group dead-set on an outdoor event.

Frankly, I would like to see an even earlier date. However, it became clear that some will just not hear of that.

Daylen

well with 10 in April and 5 in may the FWHM covers some of may. To get a better idea of peak desire another poll for each week in April and may would be needed.

eye95

One more bump. The majority of folks who voted chose April. The overwhelming majority (nearly 3/4) rejected May. As of today, the preference for April is 2:1 over May. I wish more members had spoken, but those who cared to speak have spoken.

Yet we have been informed that the date is chosen. If we read the history of the date selection, it was chosen, without any real discussion by two or three people, long before this poll. They are determined to stick with this date without consideration to any objection or poll to the contrary.

Is that what we are about here? Or, are we about grassroots as opposed to mandates from on high?

since9

Campaign Veteran
One more bump.

Stop lying, eye95. Those who voted chose February, April, May, and June. When you calculate the weighted average of the votes against the months, the mean date is April 29, the closest Sunday of which is May 1.

The overwhelming majority (nearly 3/4) rejected May.

This is a lie. The poll included no mention of a date rejection, only a date preference.

As of today, the preference for April is 2:1 over May.

Lie. You're using mode, an inappropriate means of statistically determining preference among a moderately diverse response. The appropriate statistical measure is the mean, which is April 29, and the closest Sunday of which is May 1.

If we read the history of the date selection, it was chosen, without any real discussion by two or three people, long before this poll. They are determined to stick with this date without consideration to any objection or poll to the contrary.

Willful misdirection, falsification, i.e. lie.

The date was initially chosen as the only date in April or May which didn't conflict with other, inappropriate holidays, such as Mother's Day. After eye95 raised his initial objections, and this poll was initiated, I tossed the date. Upon the closing of the poll, I examined the answers and determined (see spreadsheet, below) the mean was a whopping three days away from the originally chosen date.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist...

...or are we about grassroots as opposed to mandates from on high?

Absolutely we are about grassroots, and the grassroots were polled, the grassroots have spoken, and will continue to speak!

Meanwhile, you're the only "on high" individual here mandating we do things your way, instead of the way nearly everyone else has decided by means of commentary and poll vote.

How disingenuos! How deceptive!

Here's a heavy-handed decision for you, eye95: I've bent over backwards trying to fit your input into everything else going on. I've spent an inordinate amount of time attempting to justify my decisions in response to your pandering, yet instead of attempting to show the slightest bit of understanding or considering for the many opinions of others, the vast majority of which do NOT agree with you, you stand there jumping up and down like a 5th grader who's upset he's not getting his way.

I'll always entertain legitimate gripes, complaints, moans, and even b*****s. I'll not waste any further time on the childish behavior of anyone who willfully refuses to see past the end of their nose and who, apparently, could care less if their temper tantrums put a serious damper what should rightfully be the freedom of others to gather as they see fit.

Congratulations, eye95 - you're now on my very short, one-person ignore list.

Bump that.

Attachments

• Date Selection.jpg
    Date Selection.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

KansasMustang

Kansas is strange weather wise. in April I've seen it go over 100, in may I've seen it snow,,not much mind you but it has. So a picnic in april might be a chancy thing. Depending on the weather. I'd sure like to see more discussion on this if it's possible. Parbly won't be able to attend anything but will be OCing anyhow,,at the Fort in uniform

eye95

Every statement I made is an absolute fact. That you call them lies does not make it so.

I have to wonder why you are going to such extents to defend a date that you picked and locked into cement within a handful of posts.

Once again, you stated that you would accept the job as long as there was no objection, however, when an objection is raised to your "leadership," you ignore the objection.

That is not leadership.

Once again, I am raising that objection of which you spoke. Will you step aside? How about letting the person who suggested this dinner be the coordinator?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I've been asked to step aside

Hell no, and certainly not to someone whom I've given every benefit of the doubt yet who continues to choose to act like the 2.5 oz carrot being munched on, lying to the masses, falsely representing others, and wholeheartedly lying his ass off because his 5th-grader mentality can't accept the fact that everyone else on the forum (except two) decided May 1 was indeed the best day.

And apparently, eye95 is somehow unable to accept the fact that I served my country, against the communists, that I'm a good Christian, active in my local church...

...simply because I insist on using the poll-derived date of May 1, which he thinks is apparently tied to the end of the world, or at the very least, the release of uber-secret documents.

Does this forum have a smack one's head with lunacy thingy, because that would be so appropriate, right now.

Sorry, but the lunacy path was taken by J. Hinkey, eye95. You're welcome to follow in his footsteps...

The National Right to Keep and Bear Arms Day will happen on May 1, 2011.

Carry on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.