• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hawaii CCW made it to the Hawaii Reporter.

wrightme

They conceeded to licensing (a.k.a. permits) in oral arguments. It can also be placed as a requirement prior to sale (that you be permited or licensed to purchase). Which was held in the opinion.
So no, they did NOT make such concession.
Funtimes said:
I read and interpret that as such: Registrations are not unconstitutional, however, there may be certain provisions of a registration that unduly burden the right -- and those provisions may be unconstitutional.
That is quite different than claiming that "McDonald found registration to be constitutional," which is what you seem to believe.

Funtimes said:
So if the registration doesnt serverly burden, good luck getting rid of it(based on my reading, but if you counter please do so with legal opinions).
I have no need to counter that statement.