• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am Open Carrying, walking or bicyling

Toxic

I am am walking or bicycling open carrying a weapon and I see I am approaching a k-12 school, can I store the gun in a locked container and continue walking or on my bicycle and still be legal?

Gundude

I am am walking or bicycling open carrying a weapon and I see I am approaching a k-12 school, can I store the gun in a locked container and continue walking or on my bicycle and still be legal?

You should know where the schools are before venturing out. There could be one on the other side of the block. It's kinda like unprotected sex...one mistake and your life will change forever.
I always lock up before leaving home and then arm myself when I reach my safe destination.
Go carefully.

r1man

To Answer your Question , Yes If its Locked Up you should Be Fine. But it needs to be Locked before you enter the 1000 ft School Zone. The Only Problem If Someone see's You Handleing your Firearms in Public it Could get you Some Unwanted Attention. Its Best Like Mentioned above to Scope Your Route before you go!

coolusername2007

Yes. But what are you going to do about the school that you don't see but are within its 1000' GFSZ? Too late, you just violated PC 626.9 and could be in real trouble. The point being that 1000' GFSZ's are by flight of bird, not line of sight. Be careful, study, study some more, then study even more...then carry on.

chewy352

Read this thread. This is why the "reasonably knows" clause in 626.9 has no balls. You need to know where all the schools are before you leave your front door.

Last edited:

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
Read this thread. This is why the "reasonably knows" clause in 626.9 has no balls. You need to know where all the schools are before you leave your front door.

I just read that entire thread. Wow, that sucks. That judge needs to be removed, or at least charged with contempt. He clearly conspired against the defendant and common law.

cato

In a logical judicial world, one would be afforded, upon discovery of the zone, time to transition to a lawful mode of possession. Don't expect logic from Ca's criminal courts.

Have you applied for a license? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=366342

A denial is a desired 2A legal defense. Follow these steps don't get theseus'd

We didn't know about the following until it was finished. There are other things in the works at CGF. They deserve our cooperation and support.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=347348

Remember, freedom isn't free...http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate

Last edited: