Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Open Carry of a Cap Gun Near The President in Years Past - How Times Have Changed

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, Washington, USA
    Posts
    60

    Open Carry of a Cap Gun Near The President in Years Past - How Times Have Changed


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Winlock, , USA
    Posts
    501
    Now, to me, that looks like a Brett Maverick special.... (I know, I had one about that same time...and the rifle, too!)

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Just to be clear.

    This post has nothing to do with open carry. It is offensive.

    I suggest you remove it.



    These kind of pictures, associated with this website, could be pullled by the media and end up on the evening news along side the next Starbucks/OC story.... and make us look bad unneccesarrily.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 12-02-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Just to be clear.

    This post has nothing to do with open carry. It is offensive.

    I suggest you remove it.
    Really? So just because someone doesnt like something means that we should disavow them and ask them to stop???

    People get offended when I open carry, does that mean I should cover it up so I dont offend them? Or should I just remove it?

    Seriously, who died and made you the forum police?
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA, ,
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Just to be clear.

    This post has nothing to do with open carry. It is offensive.

    I suggest you remove it.

    Agreed. Talk about off-topic. What exactly is the OP trying to suggest with this?

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    Really? So just because someone doesnt like something means that we should disavow them and ask them to stop???

    People get offended when I open carry, does that mean I should cover it up so I dont offend them? Or should I just remove it?

    Seriously, who died and made you the forum police?
    grow up.
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666

    From a PM

    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5
    you want ME to grow up? How about you STOP talking about how much your salary is going to be regarding this carry group thing? Also stop trying to FORCE your views on others. I am not the only one getting tired of your "leadership" or lack there of. It is getting old, none of us need a daddy, when will you realize that?
    You are poorly and entirely misinformed wrong and just plain immature.
    Live Free or Die!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    You are poorly and entirely misinformed wrong and just plain immature.
    wow! You tell EVERYONE when they have a disagreement to take it to PM. Then someone does and you feel the need to post it on the open forum? What is the point of even taking it to a pm then?

    It is funny how I PERSONALLY know 3 people whom you have mentioned your salary to and yet you still want to deny it? You make "executive decisions" based on YOUR like and desires regardless of what others opinions may be. You are consistently unable to back up your intentions with anything other than "you're wrong" "grow up" "how immature". You have absolutely nothing to say to support your contentions and "executive decisions."

    You are the one who is being hypocritical and immature. You tell people to take things OFF the main board and then you go around and post those pm's on the open forum. What purpose could possibly be served by this?
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, Washington, USA
    Posts
    60
    Oh-for-Pete's-sake-lighten-up people!

    I posted it for fun!

    If you want to be technical - the picture DOES show someone OPEN CARRYING (even though it's probably a cap gun) within spitting distance of the President (or candidate for President) of the US.

    I figured the picture would get a few laughs, along with comments about safe gun handling, how un-PC it is these days for a kid to have a (toy) gun, how the Secret Service today would freak, etc.

    It's offensive? Sheesh.

    Lighten up.

    IBTL.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    Oh-for-Pete's-sake-lighten-up people!

    I posted it for fun!

    If you want to be technical - the picture DOES show someone OPEN CARRYING (even though it's probably a cap gun) within spitting distance of the President (or candidate for President) of the US.

    I figured the picture would get a few laughs, along with comments about safe gun handling, how un-PC it is these days for a kid to have a (toy) gun, how the Secret Service today would freak, etc.

    It's offensive? Sheesh.

    Lighten up.

    IBTL.
    It is "offensive" because gogo fashions himself as a Secret Service groupie.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    wow! You tell EVERYONE when they have a disagreement to take it to PM. Then someone does and you feel the need to post it on the open forum? What is the point of even taking it to a pm then?

    It is funny how I PERSONALLY know 3 people whom you have mentioned your salary to and yet you still want to deny it? You make "executive decisions" based on YOUR like and desires regardless of what others opinions may be. You are consistently unable to back up your intentions with anything other than "you're wrong" "grow up" "how immature". You have absolutely nothing to say to support your contentions and "executive decisions."

    You are the one who is being hypocritical and immature. You tell people to take things OFF the main board and then you go around and post those pm's on the open forum. What purpose could possibly be served by this?
    You personally attacked a member of the forum. That is not for PM, it is to be exposed.

    Name the 3 people.

    Have I compared what I would need to be paid to take on a challenge like we have debated, yes. That is a comparison for what and how much it would take to drive an orginization forward. It is not 'my salary'. Your earlier figure is drastically wrong, which tells me that you are poorly informed.
    Live Free or Die!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    You personally attacked a member of the forum. That is not for PM, it is to be exposed.

    Name the 3 people.

    Have I compared what I would need to be paid to take on a challenge like we have debated, yes. That is a comparison for what and how much it would take to drive an orginization forward. It is not 'my salary'. Your earlier figure is drastically wrong, which tells me that you are poorly informed.
    See there is the fallacy in your denial right there. How can you say "How much I would need to be paid" and then say it is not a salary???? Speaking of which, who is the one who "came up with this idea" for a group? THEN who wants to go and talk about a salary for "their" position in this "group"? How exactly can that NOT be seen as dubious? NOT TO MENTION that YOU are the one who is "pushing" to be the "leader" of this group, as well as talking about what you "would need to be paid". Something is NOT adding up here...

    I never said ANYTHING that personally attacked YOU as a person. I never made a single threat. I never said anything about YOU. I did call you out on your words and your actions however and now you can't even keep the story straight!
    Last edited by devildoc5; 11-30-2010 at 02:07 AM.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  13. #13
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    for the love of COTTAGE CHEESE!

    Please keep it in PM. You're cluttering up the forum, and hi-jacking the thread.

    @ OP: It may be worth a laugh, but in this crowd humor falls short some times. This may be removed by the Super Secret Admin anyhow.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    for the love of COTTAGE CHEESE!

    Please keep it in PM. You're cluttering up the forum, and hi-jacking the thread.

    @ OP: It may be worth a laugh, but in this crowd humor falls short some times. This may be removed by the Super Secret Admin anyhow.
    Goose anyone can plainly see that I TRIED to take it to PM and then was railroaded by gogo. I tried to keep it out of the post and respect the OP. Then I was provoked and dragged back into an argument on the open forum by "an upstanding member who is trying to start a new group, force others to agree with him on that groups foundation, elect him as leader, and guess what? He even has his salary figured out!" He has even ADMITTED to such in the above posts, although be it in a political circle speak kind of way.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  15. #15
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Please, ok, I bow out. Apologies

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Please, ok, I bow out. Apologies
    Nothing towards you Goose. Just making it obvious that I WAS railroaded by someone on this thread. Also, I tried to take it to PM.

    But you do have a point Goose, this sort of stuff should not be occurring in an open forum.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001
    inb4 the lock.

    no... seriously... delete this thread and start it over, OP's pic is quite interesting! OH MY GOD it's a GUN within THREE FEET OF THE PRESIDENT!!!

    ...Ironically, he was assassinated by someone several hundred feet away. Go figure.
    Last edited by .45ACPaddy; 11-30-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, Washington, USA
    Posts
    78

    Hillarious

    The picture is funny. I am not offended. I've seen lots of funny pictures on this site. I'll probably copy it and send it to my friends.

    Asking for a PM (PRIVATE MESSAGE) and then publicly posting it is.... well... just mean, (maybe even offensive).

    Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

    Kryteon

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran ComradeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maple Hill, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    430
    You mad, bro?

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West End - Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    79
    Soooo, uhhhhhh, the picture was funny... What's all of this crap about a "group" and someones "salary"? Are they hiring? I like money. It's fun.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
    Soooo, uhhhhhh, the picture was funny... What's all of this crap about a "group" and someones "salary"? Are they hiring? I like money. It's fun.
    It is about this: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...on-State-group
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    Oh-for-Pete's-sake-lighten-up people!

    I posted it for fun!

    If you want to be technical - the picture DOES show someone OPEN CARRYING (even though it's probably a cap gun) within spitting distance of the President (or candidate for President) of the US.

    I figured the picture would get a few laughs, along with comments about safe gun handling, how un-PC it is these days for a kid to have a (toy) gun, how the Secret Service today would freak, etc.

    It's offensive? Sheesh.

    Lighten up.

    IBTL.
    Yes, it IS about "Open Carry." Today, not even a capgun would likely be allowed to be openly carried that close to POTUS. It is an exclusion area, where Open Carry would not be possible.


    (and not offensive in the least.)
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048
    The most unimaginable, and quite possibly, the worst thing to ever experience in life, in an offensive post on an intrawebz forum.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Yes, it IS about "Open Carry." Today, not even a capgun would likely be allowed to be openly carried that close to POTUS. It is an exclusion area, where Open Carry would not be possible.


    (and not offensive in the least.)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYUmCj4yud4

  25. #25
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    That looks like a campaign photo. He ran for Pres in 1960 so that means it was still legal to:

    Buy a brand new machine gun
    Mail order pistols and rifles
    Ship guns via USPS
    Buy silencers without tax stamps
    Create your own SBS and SBR
    Even felons could own guns

    Freedom lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •