• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of a Cap Gun Near The President in Years Past - How Times Have Changed

alienbogey

JFKOpenCarry.jpg

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Just to be clear.

This post has nothing to do with open carry. It is offensive.

I suggest you remove it.

These kind of pictures, associated with this website, could be pullled by the media and end up on the evening news along side the next Starbucks/OC story.... and make us look bad unneccesarrily.

Last edited:

devildoc5

Just to be clear.

This post has nothing to do with open carry. It is offensive.

I suggest you remove it.

Really? So just because someone doesnt like something means that we should disavow them and ask them to stop???

People get offended when I open carry, does that mean I should cover it up so I dont offend them? Or should I just remove it?

Seriously, who died and made you the forum police?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Really? So just because someone doesnt like something means that we should disavow them and ask them to stop???

People get offended when I open carry, does that mean I should cover it up so I dont offend them? Or should I just remove it?

Seriously, who died and made you the forum police?

grow up.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
From a PM

devildoc5 said:
you want ME to grow up? How about you STOP talking about how much your salary is going to be regarding this carry group thing? Also stop trying to FORCE your views on others. I am not the only one getting tired of your "leadership" or lack there of. It is getting old, none of us need a daddy, when will you realize that?

You are poorly and entirely misinformed wrong and just plain immature.

devildoc5

You are poorly and entirely misinformed wrong and just plain immature.

wow! You tell EVERYONE when they have a disagreement to take it to PM. Then someone does and you feel the need to post it on the open forum? What is the point of even taking it to a pm then?

It is funny how I PERSONALLY know 3 people whom you have mentioned your salary to and yet you still want to deny it? You make "executive decisions" based on YOUR like and desires regardless of what others opinions may be. You are consistently unable to back up your intentions with anything other than "you're wrong" "grow up" "how immature". You have absolutely nothing to say to support your contentions and "executive decisions."

You are the one who is being hypocritical and immature. You tell people to take things OFF the main board and then you go around and post those pm's on the open forum. What purpose could possibly be served by this?

alienbogey

Oh-for-Pete's-sake-lighten-up people!

I posted it for fun!

If you want to be technical - the picture DOES show someone OPEN CARRYING (even though it's probably a cap gun) within spitting distance of the President (or candidate for President) of the US.

I figured the picture would get a few laughs, along with comments about safe gun handling, how un-PC it is these days for a kid to have a (toy) gun, how the Secret Service today would freak, etc.

It's offensive? Sheesh.

Lighten up.

IBTL.

devildoc5

Oh-for-Pete's-sake-lighten-up people!

I posted it for fun!

If you want to be technical - the picture DOES show someone OPEN CARRYING (even though it's probably a cap gun) within spitting distance of the President (or candidate for President) of the US.

I figured the picture would get a few laughs, along with comments about safe gun handling, how un-PC it is these days for a kid to have a (toy) gun, how the Secret Service today would freak, etc.

It's offensive? Sheesh.

Lighten up.

IBTL.

It is "offensive" because gogo fashions himself as a Secret Service groupie.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
wow! You tell EVERYONE when they have a disagreement to take it to PM. Then someone does and you feel the need to post it on the open forum? What is the point of even taking it to a pm then?

It is funny how I PERSONALLY know 3 people whom you have mentioned your salary to and yet you still want to deny it? You make "executive decisions" based on YOUR like and desires regardless of what others opinions may be. You are consistently unable to back up your intentions with anything other than "you're wrong" "grow up" "how immature". You have absolutely nothing to say to support your contentions and "executive decisions."

You are the one who is being hypocritical and immature. You tell people to take things OFF the main board and then you go around and post those pm's on the open forum. What purpose could possibly be served by this?

You personally attacked a member of the forum. That is not for PM, it is to be exposed.

Name the 3 people.

Have I compared what I would need to be paid to take on a challenge like we have debated, yes. That is a comparison for what and how much it would take to drive an orginization forward. It is not 'my salary'. Your earlier figure is drastically wrong, which tells me that you are poorly informed.

devildoc5

You personally attacked a member of the forum. That is not for PM, it is to be exposed.

Name the 3 people.

Have I compared what I would need to be paid to take on a challenge like we have debated, yes. That is a comparison for what and how much it would take to drive an orginization forward. It is not 'my salary'. Your earlier figure is drastically wrong, which tells me that you are poorly informed.

See there is the fallacy in your denial right there. How can you say "How much I would need to be paid" and then say it is not a salary???? Speaking of which, who is the one who "came up with this idea" for a group? THEN who wants to go and talk about a salary for "their" position in this "group"? How exactly can that NOT be seen as dubious? NOT TO MENTION that YOU are the one who is "pushing" to be the "leader" of this group, as well as talking about what you "would need to be paid". Something is NOT adding up here...

I never said ANYTHING that personally attacked YOU as a person. I never made a single threat. I never said anything about YOU. I did call you out on your words and your actions however and now you can't even keep the story straight!

Last edited:

Deleted_User

for the love of COTTAGE CHEESE!

Please keep it in PM. You're cluttering up the forum, and hi-jacking the thread.

@ OP: It may be worth a laugh, but in this crowd humor falls short some times. This may be removed by the Super Secret Admin anyhow.

devildoc5

for the love of COTTAGE CHEESE!

Please keep it in PM. You're cluttering up the forum, and hi-jacking the thread.

@ OP: It may be worth a laugh, but in this crowd humor falls short some times. This may be removed by the Super Secret Admin anyhow.

Goose anyone can plainly see that I TRIED to take it to PM and then was railroaded by gogo. I tried to keep it out of the post and respect the OP. Then I was provoked and dragged back into an argument on the open forum by "an upstanding member who is trying to start a new group, force others to agree with him on that groups foundation, elect him as leader, and guess what? He even has his salary figured out!" He has even ADMITTED to such in the above posts, although be it in a political circle speak kind of way.

.45ACPaddy

inb4 the lock.

no... seriously... delete this thread and start it over, OP's pic is quite interesting! OH MY GOD it's a GUN within THREE FEET OF THE PRESIDENT!!!

...Ironically, he was assassinated by someone several hundred feet away. Go figure.

Last edited:

Kryteon

Hillarious

The picture is funny. I am not offended. I've seen lots of funny pictures on this site. I'll probably copy it and send it to my friends.

Asking for a PM (PRIVATE MESSAGE) and then publicly posting it is.... well... just mean, (maybe even offensive).

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Kryteon