Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gleason Banned

Gleason Banned

So now Gleason has been banned. Wow. This site is going no where in a hurry. With this, I am done. I am done the forum and WCI. This site no longer serves the interest of the people, it only serves a select few's best interest. Its also come to my attention that the media does not know the true size of WCI, so I'll be firing off an e-mail today.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfielddx40 View Post
    So now Gleason has been banned. Wow. This site is going no where in a hurry. With this, I am done. I am done the forum and WCI. This site no longer serves the interest of the people, it only serves a select few's best interest. Its also come to my attention that the media does not know the true size of WCI, so I'll be firing off an e-mail today.
    please dont. propigating hate with more hate will only do more damage. sit this battle out; be innocent of instigation, retreat, retreat, retreat. The Honorable man will take this course, and offer little comment on this thread.

AHH Yes! Pogo is alive and well. Long live Pogo.

Amazingly enough, J.Gleason was banned for making just such a threat. Anyone who would attempt to sabotage a gun rights group (which has NOTHING TO DO with the running of this forum) because they are upset with me is not someone I care to allow to remain here.

John

Banned
    As happens with so many sites, they start off with good intentions.

Wow. Guess I missed those fireworks. I hope things simmer down soon.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Why does everyone keep blaming WCI for actions by the forum administrators?

WCI has nothing to do with the running of the forum, OCDO has nothing to do with the running of WCI. As for the size of WCI, the key is, it is growing every day and it is doing good work every day. Are there individual, small things that I don't agree with? Yes! Does it matter to me in the big scheme of things? No!

Let me ask you this, what other organization has filed so many lawsuits to help you out?

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
    2. Madison memo
    3. Brookfield 'church' stop.

This is in less than 12 months! This is for your $15 membership!

So, sometimes one of the board members says something I don't agree with once in a while. I have arguments with my wife once in a while and I'm not planning on leaving her.

People need to grow up.

This rant doesn't have anything to do with Gleason. Him and I basically got along as well. We had our arguments, we sometimes disagreed but once again, I generally respect him for his work for the cause.

Also, this is John's and Mike's private property, if you don't like the rules, get out but don't sabotage the 'movement' (Constitutional Carry in WI) because of one incident.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    J.Gleason doesn't know how many members WCI has and neither do you.

WCI has thousands of members in EVERY county in the state. We don't and never will publish actual member numbers because: 1) membership is confidential and 2) we are confident that our membership is so active that we will ALWAYS be assumed to have more members when we do.

I'm confident when we hit 15,000 members, our members are so active that in the eyes of media and the legislature, they'll assume we must have 30,000

Its shocking that people drag WCI into something that we have NOTHING. ZERO to do with.

A few select individuals are lashing out without rhyme or reason. You have taken your internet drama and misappropriated it against an organization that has DEMONSTRATED a willingness to do things in Wisconsin that no other organization was doing. You are putting your own ego above the cause.

J. Gleason has been the hot-head on the forum for YEARS. Had I wanted to get him banned, AND had the capability to do so, don't you think I would have done it LONG ago?

When ANYONE gets banned from this forum, there is ONE person and ONLY one person responsible for them getting banned. THEMSELVES.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Its a shame that a few individuals have falsely dragged WCI into the middle of this internet drama which we had nothing to do with and for MONTHS, going back to last spring, I made posts BEGGING people to stop the bickering.

Lastly, its a TRUE indicator of someone's character if they are going to go spread FALSE information about WCI to news media. You only make yourself look bad and you expose yourself to legal action if you make false statements about WCI.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Well said Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post

WCI has nothing to do with the running of the forum, OCDO has nothing to do with the running of WCI. As for the size of WCI, the key is, it is growing every day and it is doing good work every day. Are there individual, small things that I don't agree with? Yes! Does it matter to me in the big scheme of things? No!

Let me ask you this, what other organization has filed so many lawsuits to help you out?

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
    2. Madison memo

So, sometimes one of the board members says something I don't agree with once in a while. I have arguments with my wife once in a while and I'm not planning on leaving her.

People need to grow up.

This rant doesn't have anything to do with Gleason. Him and I basically got along as well. We had our arguments, we sometimes disagreed but once again, I generally respect him for his work for the cause.

Also, this is John's and Mike's private property, if you don't like the rules, get out but don't sabotage the 'movement' (Constitutional Carry in WI) because of one incident.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
    2. Madison memo

People need to grow up.

Exactly!!!! Great post Paul.

I posted that to gauge the response about the media. He said thats why he was banned. Besides, how in the hell would informing the media sabotage WCI? But alas, I am done. As much as you guys keep telling yourselves OCDO and WCI aren't the same, well that is true, but they aren't completely separate either. As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if Nik was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be Nik, the OCer. Same thing for OCDO, an organization is nothing without members. Best of luck to you.
    BTW, how is that John can break the rules about personal attacks? He just attacked Gleason. Why is that allowed to stand?
    Last edited by Springfielddx40; 11-30-2010 at 12:10 PM.

I posted that to gauge the response about the media. He said thats why he was banned. Besides, how in the hell would informing the media sabotage WCI? But alas, I am done. As much as you guys keep telling yourselves OCDO and WCI aren't the same, well that is true, but they aren't completely separate either. As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if John was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be John, the OCer. Same thing for OCDO, an organization is nothing without members. Best of luck to you.
    BTW, how is that John can break the rules about personal attacks? He just attacked Gleason. Why is that allowed to stand?
    Um, do you mean the "John" with the devil avatar and "Administrator" as his screen name?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

How did I attack J.Gleason?

I posted that to gauge the response about the media. He said thats why he was banned. Besides, how in the hell would informing the media sabotage WCI? But alas, I am done. As much as you guys keep telling yourselves OCDO and WCI aren't the same, well that is true, but they aren't completely separate either. As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if John was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be John, the OCer. Same thing for OCDO, an organization is nothing without members. Best of luck to you.

How many times have you quit? I've only quit once. I think you have me beat.
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 11-30-2010 at 12:09 PM.

My bad, Nik, you went into a rant about he is a hot-head and whatnot. I'm not going to repost the whole thing.

Comments which I removed I should point out.

John

My bad, Nik, you went into a rant about he is a hot-head and whatnot. I'm not going to repost the whole thing.

After I pointed it and reported it. Whatever, I'm done, I've got classes to go to. Goodbye.

Exactly. I too work and go to class and do not have the time to read every post. I depend on people to report posts that need my attention and failing that, I often miss them. That is not me condoning those posts but simple unawareness based upon being human.

John

After I pointed it and reported it. Whatever, I'm done, I've got classes to go to. Goodbye.

And that is what needs to be done! I report posts when I think they have a personal attack and let John and the other administrators determine if I am right,

...As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if Nik was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be Nik, the OCer....
    OCDO doesn't have a WCI forum. The forum is 'Wisconsin', anyone can post here.

WCI is not any one individuals private property. It is a non-profit Corporation. It is privately held, however.

You are right, OCDO without members and WCI without members is worthless, however, once again, no one is forcing you to participate in either.

As you can see, John edited Nik's post and took out the personal attack. If OCDO was part of WCI or WCI part of OCDO do you think he would do that?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
    2. Madison memo

GFSZ lawsuit
    - manitowoc, greenfield, milwaukee, racine
    $10,000 judgement against Racine.

Madison lawsuit
    -filed within a week of the Police Chief memo making a policy of depriving the rights of OC'ers

Brookfield lawsuit

Retained states #1 defense attorney to fight Madison 5 DC citations

National and International Media exposure for OC in Wisconsin
    -BBC
    -Sun Media (canada version of AP)
    -Japan National station
    -Armed American Radio (nationally syndicated) TWICE to defend actions of Madison 5
    -Associated Press pieces

In-state media exposure promoting right to carry/open carry
    -WCI board members have been guests on dozens of radio programs (Vicki McKenna, Wisconsin Public Radio, Wisconsin Radio network, WJJO morning show, WRJN, Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner and dozens more)
    -Eye on Wisconsin debate with Madison Police Chief
    -scores of newspaper articles all across the state
    -dozens of interviews with TV news stories related to open-carry providing widespread knowledge of the legality of open-carry.
    -many well received open-carry events covered by local and statewide media all across the state leading to thousands of people beginning to exercise their right to open carry and millions of Wisconsinites being made aware of the legality of Open carry.

Speaking at dozens of tea-party groups, tea party rallies, civic groups meetings.

Brought on board thousands of members by working gun shows ALL across the state spreading the world of the right to carry we already have (oc) and the right to carry we push for (constitutional carry)

Paid for printing and distribution of 20,000+ "right to carry is here" open-carry primer brochures.

Visited dozens of gun stores to speak with owners, promote open-carry and open-carry events.

Developed a presence on and utilized social media including WCI Facebook page, Youtube Channel, twitter, to spread the message and bring awareness of thousands to the effort.

Responded to member requests for t-shirts, hats, membership decals by procuring quality products at reasonable cost for each of those types of merchandise.

Fielded thousands of email questions from members and prospective members across the state and country about wisconsin law/carry rights/etc.

On behalf of WCI AND our members, ALL of whom have volunteered 100% of efforts free to this cause. I think we have an impressive resume of accomplishments in LESS than a year of existence.

As we begin 2011 and a critical push for constitutional carry, perhaps we finally have a forum to communicate the REAL WORLD activities that will make a difference in this state without the unbelievable internet-drama brought on by just a few to go along with it.

Carry On
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman; 11-30-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    GFSZ lawsuit
    - manitowoc, greenfield, milwaukee, racine
    $10,000 judgement against Racine.

Madison lawsuit
    -filed within a week of the Police Chief memo making a policy of depriving the rights of OC'ers

Brookfield lawsuit

Retained states #1 defense attorney to fight Madison 5 DC citations

National and International Media exposure for OC in Wisconsin
    -BBC
    -Sun Media (canada version of AP)
    -Japan National station
    -Armed American Radio (nationally syndicated) TWICE to defend actions of Madison 5
    -Associated Press pieces

In-state media exposure promoting right to carry/open carry
    -WCI board members have been guests on dozens of radio programs (Vicki McKenna, Wisconsin Public Radio, Wisconsin Radio network, WJJO morning show, WRJN, Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner and dozens more)
    -Eye on Wisconsin debate with Madison Police Chief
    -scores of newspaper articles all across the state
    -dozens of interviews with TV news stories related to open-carry providing widespread knowledge of the legality of open-carry.
    -many well received open-carry events covered by local and statewide media all across the state leading to thousands of people beginning to exercise their right to open carry and millions of Wisconsinites being made aware of the legality of Open carry.

Speaking at dozens of tea-party groups, tea party rallies, civic groups meetings.

Brought on board thousands of members by working gun shows ALL across the state spreading the world of the right to carry we already have (oc) and the right to carry we push for (constitutional carry)

Paid for printing and distribution of 20,000+ "right to carry is here" open-carry primer brochures.

Visited dozens of gun stores to speak with owners, promote open-carry and open-carry events.

Responded to member requests for t-shirts, hats, membership decals by procuring quality products at reasonable cost for each of those types of merchandise.

Fielded thousands of email questions from members and prospective members across the state and country about wisconsin law/carry rights/etc.

On behalf of WCI AND our members, I think we have an impressive resume of accomplishments in LESS than a year of existence.

As we begin 2011 and a critical push for constitutional carry, perhaps we finally have a forum to communicate the REAL WORLD activities that will make a difference in this state without the unbelievable internet-drama brought on by just a few to go along with it.

Carry On
    I thought I might of missed SOME of the things WCI did!

As I said, WCI and OCDO are moving the ball forward. OC'ers across the state, whether WCI and/or OCDO members or not are moving the ball forward. If our personalties clash, let's remember the goal.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 11-30-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't.
    This isn't WCI's forum.

Mr. Gleason attempted to extort an apology from me in order to not attempt to harm WCI with false accusations, as well as accuse me of a crime against him.

943.30 Threats to injure or accuse of crime. (1) Whoever,
    either verbally or by any written or printed communication,
    maliciously threatens to accuse or accuses another of any crime or
    offense, or threatens or commits any injury to the person, property,
    business, profession, calling or trade, or the profits and income of
    any business, profession, calling or trade of another, with intent
    thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatever, or
    with intent to compel the person so threatened to do any act against
    the person’s will or omit to do any lawful act, is guilty of a Class
    H felony.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Gleason committed the crime of extortion towards myself and to WCI. He stated in private messages if I didn't cease my moderation of his posts and apologized to him publicly on forum, he would A) Go the police and file charges of "intimidation" against me and B) He would go the media and make false accusations towards WCI.

Mr. Gleason, as far as I am concerned, cross the line last night into felony criminality with his threats towards me and WCI.

Nik has received all of the PM's that Mr. Gleason sent me, and he can decide whether or not to go to local law enforcement, as he's a stronger voice than me as he's local.
    Last edited by Gray Peterson; 11-30-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Cyber Bullying

I for one applaud this step. Mr. Gleason had badgered myself and others relentlessly. I had had enough and decided to take a break a year or so ago from this forum. Others on this forum had attempted to offer their support to me through private messages because they did not want to draw his ire against them. The very free speech he says he is being denied he had denied to others by badgering them into silence. I will always support the cause because it is a cause I believe in...and If I get banned for saying this... ~

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P229Sig357DAK View Post
    I for one applaud this step. Mr. Gleason had badgered myself and others relentlessly. I had had enough and decided to take a break a year or so ago from this forum. Others on this forum had attempted to offer their support to me through private messages because they did not want to draw his ire against them. The very free speech he says he is being denied he had denied to others by badgering them into silence. I will always support the cause because it is a cause I believe in...and If I get banned for saying this... ~
    Nah, you're all right.

Welcome back to the forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast