• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gleason Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now Gleason has been banned. Wow. This site is going no where in a hurry. With this, I am done. I am done the forum and WCI. This site no longer serves the interest of the people, it only serves a select few's best interest. Its also come to my attention that the media does not know the true size of WCI, so I'll be firing off an e-mail today.

M

McX

So now Gleason has been banned. Wow. This site is going no where in a hurry. With this, I am done. I am done the forum and WCI. This site no longer serves the interest of the people, it only serves a select few's best interest. Its also come to my attention that the media does not know the true size of WCI, so I'll be firing off an e-mail today.

please dont. propigating hate with more hate will only do more damage. sit this battle out; be innocent of instigation, retreat, retreat, retreat. The Honorable man will take this course, and offer little comment on this thread.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member

Amazingly enough, J.Gleason was banned for making just such a threat. Anyone who would attempt to sabotage a gun rights group (which has NOTHING TO DO with the running of this forum) because they are upset with me is not someone I care to allow to remain here.

John

paul@paul-fisher.com

Why does everyone keep blaming WCI for actions by the forum administrators?

WCI has nothing to do with the running of the forum, OCDO has nothing to do with the running of WCI. As for the size of WCI, the key is, it is growing every day and it is doing good work every day. Are there individual, small things that I don't agree with? Yes! Does it matter to me in the big scheme of things? No!

Let me ask you this, what other organization has filed so many lawsuits to help you out?

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
2. Madison memo
3. Brookfield 'church' stop.

This is in less than 12 months! This is for your $15 membership!

So, sometimes one of the board members says something I don't agree with once in a while. I have arguments with my wife once in a while and I'm not planning on leaving her.

People need to grow up.

This rant doesn't have anything to do with Gleason. Him and I basically got along as well. We had our arguments, we sometimes disagreed but once again, I generally respect him for his work for the cause.

Also, this is John's and Mike's private property, if you don't like the rules, get out but don't sabotage the 'movement' (Constitutional Carry in WI) because of one incident.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
J.Gleason doesn't know how many members WCI has and neither do you.

WCI has thousands of members in EVERY county in the state. We don't and never will publish actual member numbers because: 1) membership is confidential and 2) we are confident that our membership is so active that we will ALWAYS be assumed to have more members when we do.

I'm confident when we hit 15,000 members, our members are so active that in the eyes of media and the legislature, they'll assume we must have 30,000

Its shocking that people drag WCI into something that we have NOTHING. ZERO to do with.

A few select individuals are lashing out without rhyme or reason. You have taken your internet drama and misappropriated it against an organization that has DEMONSTRATED a willingness to do things in Wisconsin that no other organization was doing. You are putting your own ego above the cause.

J. Gleason has been the hot-head on the forum for YEARS. Had I wanted to get him banned, AND had the capability to do so, don't you think I would have done it LONG ago?

When ANYONE gets banned from this forum, there is ONE person and ONLY one person responsible for them getting banned. THEMSELVES.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Its a shame that a few individuals have falsely dragged WCI into the middle of this internet drama which we had nothing to do with and for MONTHS, going back to last spring, I made posts BEGGING people to stop the bickering.

Lastly, its a TRUE indicator of someone's character if they are going to go spread FALSE information about WCI to news media. You only make yourself look bad and you expose yourself to legal action if you make false statements about WCI.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Well said Paul.

WCI has nothing to do with the running of the forum, OCDO has nothing to do with the running of WCI. As for the size of WCI, the key is, it is growing every day and it is doing good work every day. Are there individual, small things that I don't agree with? Yes! Does it matter to me in the big scheme of things? No!

Let me ask you this, what other organization has filed so many lawsuits to help you out?

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
2. Madison memo

So, sometimes one of the board members says something I don't agree with once in a while. I have arguments with my wife once in a while and I'm not planning on leaving her.

People need to grow up.

This rant doesn't have anything to do with Gleason. Him and I basically got along as well. We had our arguments, we sometimes disagreed but once again, I generally respect him for his work for the cause.

Also, this is John's and Mike's private property, if you don't like the rules, get out but don't sabotage the 'movement' (Constitutional Carry in WI) because of one incident.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
2. Madison memo

People need to grow up.

Exactly!!!! Great post Paul.

I posted that to gauge the response about the media. He said thats why he was banned. Besides, how in the hell would informing the media sabotage WCI? But alas, I am done. As much as you guys keep telling yourselves OCDO and WCI aren't the same, well that is true, but they aren't completely separate either. As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if Nik was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be Nik, the OCer. Same thing for OCDO, an organization is nothing without members. Best of luck to you.
BTW, how is that John can break the rules about personal attacks? He just attacked Gleason. Why is that allowed to stand?

Last edited:

wrightme

I posted that to gauge the response about the media. He said thats why he was banned. Besides, how in the hell would informing the media sabotage WCI? But alas, I am done. As much as you guys keep telling yourselves OCDO and WCI aren't the same, well that is true, but they aren't completely separate either. As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if John was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be John, the OCer. Same thing for OCDO, an organization is nothing without members. Best of luck to you.
BTW, how is that John can break the rules about personal attacks? He just attacked Gleason. Why is that allowed to stand?

Um, do you mean the "John" with the devil avatar and "Administrator" as his screen name?

:rolleyes:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
How did I attack J.Gleason?

I posted that to gauge the response about the media. He said thats why he was banned. Besides, how in the hell would informing the media sabotage WCI? But alas, I am done. As much as you guys keep telling yourselves OCDO and WCI aren't the same, well that is true, but they aren't completely separate either. As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if John was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be John, the OCer. Same thing for OCDO, an organization is nothing without members. Best of luck to you.

1FASTC4

How many times have you quit? I've only quit once. I think you have me beat. :)

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. I too work and go to class and do not have the time to read every post. I depend on people to report posts that need my attention and failing that, I often miss them. That is not me condoning those posts but simple unawareness based upon being human.

John

After I pointed it and reported it. Whatever, I'm done, I've got classes to go to. Goodbye.

paul@paul-fisher.com

...As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't. Also, please stop kidding yourselves that the forum and WCI is owned by individuals. While that is technnically true, what would WCI be if Nik was the only member? It wouldn't be WCI, it would be Nik, the OCer....

OCDO doesn't have a WCI forum. The forum is 'Wisconsin', anyone can post here.

WCI is not any one individuals private property. It is a non-profit Corporation. It is privately held, however.

You are right, OCDO without members and WCI without members is worthless, however, once again, no one is forcing you to participate in either.

As you can see, John edited Nik's post and took out the personal attack. If OCDO was part of WCI or WCI part of OCDO do you think he would do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.