• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gleason Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Let me ask you this, what other organization has filed so many lawsuits to help you out?

Let's recap:

1. GFSZ
2. Madison memo
3. Brookfield 'church' stop.

This is in less than 12 months! This is for your $15 membership!

GFSZ lawsuit
- manitowoc, greenfield, milwaukee, racine
$10,000 judgement against Racine.

Madison lawsuit
-filed within a week of the Police Chief memo making a policy of depriving the rights of OC'ers

Brookfield lawsuit

Retained states #1 defense attorney to fight Madison 5 DC citations

National and International Media exposure for OC in Wisconsin
-BBC
-Sun Media (canada version of AP)
-Japan National station
-Armed American Radio (nationally syndicated) TWICE to defend actions of Madison 5
-Associated Press pieces

In-state media exposure promoting right to carry/open carry
-WCI board members have been guests on dozens of radio programs (Vicki McKenna, Wisconsin Public Radio, Wisconsin Radio network, WJJO morning show, WRJN, Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner and dozens more)
-Eye on Wisconsin debate with Madison Police Chief
-scores of newspaper articles all across the state
-dozens of interviews with TV news stories related to open-carry providing widespread knowledge of the legality of open-carry.
-many well received open-carry events covered by local and statewide media all across the state leading to thousands of people beginning to exercise their right to open carry and millions of Wisconsinites being made aware of the legality of Open carry.

Speaking at dozens of tea-party groups, tea party rallies, civic groups meetings.

Brought on board thousands of members by working gun shows ALL across the state spreading the world of the right to carry we already have (oc) and the right to carry we push for (constitutional carry)

Paid for printing and distribution of 20,000+ "right to carry is here" open-carry primer brochures.

Visited dozens of gun stores to speak with owners, promote open-carry and open-carry events.

Developed a presence on and utilized social media including WCI Facebook page, Youtube Channel, twitter, to spread the message and bring awareness of thousands to the effort.

Responded to member requests for t-shirts, hats, membership decals by procuring quality products at reasonable cost for each of those types of merchandise.

Fielded thousands of email questions from members and prospective members across the state and country about wisconsin law/carry rights/etc.

On behalf of WCI AND our members, ALL of whom have volunteered 100% of efforts free to this cause. I think we have an impressive resume of accomplishments in LESS than a year of existence.

As we begin 2011 and a critical push for constitutional carry, perhaps we finally have a forum to communicate the REAL WORLD activities that will make a difference in this state without the unbelievable internet-drama brought on by just a few to go along with it.

Carry On

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

GFSZ lawsuit
- manitowoc, greenfield, milwaukee, racine
$10,000 judgement against Racine.

Madison lawsuit
-filed within a week of the Police Chief memo making a policy of depriving the rights of OC'ers

Brookfield lawsuit

Retained states #1 defense attorney to fight Madison 5 DC citations

National and International Media exposure for OC in Wisconsin
-BBC
-Sun Media (canada version of AP)
-Japan National station
-Armed American Radio (nationally syndicated) TWICE to defend actions of Madison 5
-Associated Press pieces

In-state media exposure promoting right to carry/open carry
-WCI board members have been guests on dozens of radio programs (Vicki McKenna, Wisconsin Public Radio, Wisconsin Radio network, WJJO morning show, WRJN, Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner and dozens more)
-Eye on Wisconsin debate with Madison Police Chief
-scores of newspaper articles all across the state
-dozens of interviews with TV news stories related to open-carry providing widespread knowledge of the legality of open-carry.
-many well received open-carry events covered by local and statewide media all across the state leading to thousands of people beginning to exercise their right to open carry and millions of Wisconsinites being made aware of the legality of Open carry.

Speaking at dozens of tea-party groups, tea party rallies, civic groups meetings.

Brought on board thousands of members by working gun shows ALL across the state spreading the world of the right to carry we already have (oc) and the right to carry we push for (constitutional carry)

Paid for printing and distribution of 20,000+ "right to carry is here" open-carry primer brochures.

Visited dozens of gun stores to speak with owners, promote open-carry and open-carry events.

Responded to member requests for t-shirts, hats, membership decals by procuring quality products at reasonable cost for each of those types of merchandise.

Fielded thousands of email questions from members and prospective members across the state and country about wisconsin law/carry rights/etc.

On behalf of WCI AND our members, I think we have an impressive resume of accomplishments in LESS than a year of existence.

As we begin 2011 and a critical push for constitutional carry, perhaps we finally have a forum to communicate the REAL WORLD activities that will make a difference in this state without the unbelievable internet-drama brought on by just a few to go along with it.

Carry On

I thought I might of missed SOME of the things WCI did!

As I said, WCI and OCDO are moving the ball forward. OC'ers across the state, whether WCI and/or OCDO members or not are moving the ball forward. If our personalties clash, let's remember the goal.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
As long as this site runs the WCI's forum it isn't.

This isn't WCI's forum.

Mr. Gleason attempted to extort an apology from me in order to not attempt to harm WCI with false accusations, as well as accuse me of a crime against him.

943.30 Threats to injure or accuse of crime. (1) Whoever,
either verbally or by any written or printed communication,
maliciously threatens to accuse or accuses another of any crime or
offense, or threatens or commits any injury to the person, property,
business, profession, calling or trade, or the profits and income of
any business, profession, calling or trade of another, with intent
thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatever, or
with intent to compel the person so threatened to do any act against
the person’s will or omit to do any lawful act, is guilty of a Class
H felony.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Gleason committed the crime of extortion towards myself and to WCI. He stated in private messages if I didn't cease my moderation of his posts and apologized to him publicly on forum, he would A) Go the police and file charges of "intimidation" against me and B) He would go the media and make false accusations towards WCI.

Mr. Gleason, as far as I am concerned, cross the line last night into felony criminality with his threats towards me and WCI.

Nik has received all of the PM's that Mr. Gleason sent me, and he can decide whether or not to go to local law enforcement, as he's a stronger voice than me as he's local.

Last edited:

P229Sig357DAK

Cyber Bullying

I for one applaud this step. Mr. Gleason had badgered myself and others relentlessly. I had had enough and decided to take a break a year or so ago from this forum. Others on this forum had attempted to offer their support to me through private messages because they did not want to draw his ire against them. The very free speech he says he is being denied he had denied to others by badgering them into silence. I will always support the cause because it is a cause I believe in...and If I get banned for saying this... :)~

Gray Peterson

I for one applaud this step. Mr. Gleason had badgered myself and others relentlessly. I had had enough and decided to take a break a year or so ago from this forum. Others on this forum had attempted to offer their support to me through private messages because they did not want to draw his ire against them. The very free speech he says he is being denied he had denied to others by badgering them into silence. I will always support the cause because it is a cause I believe in...and If I get banned for saying this... :)~

Nah, you're all right. :lol:

Welcome back to the forum. :monkey

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Great to have you back.

If I recall you were the one who was in District #2 who had a cop tell you that they were suppose to issue disturbing the peace citations to anyone OC'ing? Of course that didn't sit well with "someone" who then accused you of being a troll/cop/etc. because of that and that your username was a gun that some cops are issued and wouldn't let it go.

I remember it well. Glad you are still here.

Last edited:

oak1971

If it improves the the forum and the cause I'm for it. It would help if I knew who is a mod and who is not, hard to report things if you have no clue who is who. That info should be public as it is on other forums. I know V Bulletin has the ability.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
If it improves the the forum and the cause I'm for it. It would help if I knew who is a mod and who is not, hard to report things if you have no clue who is who. That info should be public as it is on other forums. I know V Bulletin has the ability.

There were mods a long time ago and something happened that got them all demoted. Not sure exactly. Then there were only Mike (username Mike) and John (administrator). Now, probably because they couldn't handle all the garbage in the WI section by themselves I believe Gray is doing some moderation.

So, AFAIK, Mike, Administrator, and Gray; at the present time.

Gray Peterson

If it improves the the forum and the cause I'm for it. It would help if I knew who is a mod and who is not, hard to report things if you have no clue who is who. That info should be public as it is on other forums.

John made a choice to have the moderators be private, to prevent exactly the situation where Mr. Gleason believes had the ability to threaten moderators with false criminal complaints if a moderator refused to apologize for doing his/her job. It was because of Mr. Gleason's discovery of me being a moderator and nullifying his response posts to me which contained personal attacks (again, all moderating of posts is subject to the oversight of Administrator) that the situation spiraled to the point to where Mr. Gleason resorted to extorting me at threat of smearing WCI in the media. Given this, John made the correct choice to keep the moderators secret, you can see the results of what happens.

EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR

Gray Peterson

Use the ! at the bottom of the post, and add a note. It gets reported to all moderators.

oak1971

JJohn made a choice to have the moderators be private, to prevent exactly the situation where Mr. Gleason believes had the ability to threaten moderators with false criminal complaints if a moderator refused to apologize for doing his/her job. It was because of Mr. Gleason's discovery of me being a moderator and nullifying his response posts to me which contained personal attacks (again, all moderating of posts is subject to the oversight of Administrator) that the situation spiraled to the point to where Mr. Gleason resorted to extorting me at threat of smearing WCI in the media. Given this, John made the correct choice to keep the moderators secret, you can see the results of what happens.

Whatever works best for you.

P229Sig357DAK

full disclosure

Great to have you back.

If I recall you were the one who was in District #2 who had a cop tell you that they were suppose to issue disturbing the peace citations to anyone OC'ing? Of course that didn't sit well with "someone" who then accused you of being a troll/cop/etc. because of that and that your username was a gun that some cops are issued and wouldn't let it go.

I remember it well. Glad you are still here.

In full disclosure as of this fall semester I am now a Criminal Justice major and I have taken the written tests for the Milwaukee Police Department.

In the interim, I have continued to openly carry on my property and sometimes off the property. I did have a second incident where the police confiscated my weapons and issued an "order in". The sgt on duty that night returned with the officer who issued the "order in" and confiscated my weapons and made him return my items and apologize. I decided not to make this a legal issue as the officers in questions were made aware of their policies and my items were returned. In the end, I considered this a victory. I stood my ground and won without the court case. Not a major victory like the ones you fight every day, but minor skirmish victories take place every day too.

The Don

I've been trying to stay out of this banning, Doug's banning and Spartacus' banning publicly since it's obvious I agreed with Doug and Gleason on a number of things and it's equally obvious I didn't agree with Spartacus on...well...pretty much anything.

My personal biases aside, however, your bolded comments are dead-on target. This is being handled poorly, insensitively, and possibly libelously (is that a word?). And now threats by a moderator have been deleted with no record and people calling out that threat are having their posts deleted as well? And Hardballer's post is gone. Poorly done.

I won't say I expected better since my expectations don't mean jack on a privately owned forum, but I will say I'm disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

tobi

This needs to stop

I havent been on this forum in awhile other to check on a few items of interest. This primarily in regards to the imature nature of several people on this forum. I would just like to point out that no one here is innocent. This includes the members, moderators, and administrator. For the record, and please remember, this web site is not just viewed by its members. There are plenty of lurkers out there. With that being said, I frequent several other web sites. As of lately I have noticed a few other posts in regards to this forum. One even has had a video of a WI OC'er giving an interview with his finger on the trigger. All this is making this group look bad. All the bickering, banning, attacks, etc.. has got to stop. Including all of the above. When other forums are having posts about the childish behavior on this forum, and the garbage that continues to go, it has a negative impact on everything we are trying to accomplish. Isnt a forum for ANYONE to submit their view points. Just because someone doesnt agree shouldnt be a reason for attack or banning. So if I get banned so be it. I will just support some other cause. In my opinion the administrator and the moderators are just as much at fault as those in question. If your going to be an administrator than you should know what is going on, not just act when someone complains.

skipbadger

This has to be one of the silliest forums I have ever had the great pleasure of reading.

Never in my life have I seen a group of folks with a common purpose bicker so much.

In my very long time of lurking, yet very short time of posting around here, I think the bans are warranted. And there are more that should happen. Don't like it? Go start another forum. It really is that simple.

Some folks just can't keep their eye on the prize. They need to leave.

I wish WCI the best in their continued struggle for gun owners in the state of Wisconsin. I wish the Wisconsin forum luck in helping them in that struggle.

Finally, what is the over/under on the number of days or even hours before Springfielddx40 posts again?

Gray Peterson

I've been trying to stay out of this banning, Doug's banning and Spartacus' banning publicly since it's obvious I agreed with Doug and Gleason on a number of things and it's equally obvious I didn't agree with Spartacus on...well...pretty much anything.

My personal biases aside, however, your bolded comments are dead-on target. This is being handled poorly, insensitively, and possibly libelously (is that a word?). And now threats by a moderator have been deleted with no record and people calling out that threat are having their posts deleted as well? And Hardballer's post is gone. Poorly done.

I won't say I expected better since my expectations don't mean jack on a privately owned forum, but I will say I'm disappointed.

Administrator deleted the reference and the drama kept being continued by people posting it over and over again. As you can see, even I'm subject to the rules.

I didn't post the private messages from J.Gleason at the request of both Nik and Administrator, but what he private messaged me was beyond the pale, considering he was threatening WCI for someone else doing something that has nothing to do with them. He broke the rules by threatening WCI, and he was banned. It's that simple.

(2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS: We reserve the right to edit or remove posts for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.