Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL makes it happen - VCDL needs YOU - NOW

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

VCDL makes it happen - VCDL needs YOU - NOW

How can VCDL expand their ability to get the job done? Answer: With more members - numbers do mean something very important.

The
    Virginia Citizens Defense League needs you !
    ....................http://www.vcdl.org/

The influence and credibility of every organization is measured by how effective they have been in past endeavors - it is part of their public persona; it impacts getting the job done today. This ability is effected in part by the sheer collective weight of their numbers.

Have you joined VCDL or renewed your membership yet? Individually we are concerned citizens, as a united team we are without peer. No other group stands so tall in the state of Virginia in "Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself."...............Join VCDL........or......... Renew Membership

VCDL depends on volunteers to carry the message to the public, the media and to the General Assembly. Join with us and form an unbreakable link, arm in arm and shoulder to shoulder, all the way to City Councils and the State Legislature.

Do you live out of state - perhaps moved - thinking of forming your own grass roots organization or just want to keep current? Sign up for the greatest, consolidation of what is happening, facts, and data within the Old Dominion - get the VA-ALERT - sent out weekly, they are included with your membership, but can be had independently and they are FREE.

If you live in Virginia and value your Right to Keep and Bear Arms for any reason you must receive and read this free valuable tool. It's easy: click here
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-30-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: format & fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Is there any way to find out my old membership ID? I think I chucked the old card once the expiration date came 'round since I never did receive any renewal paperwork or the newslettters.

Proud Member

I am sure the membership co-ordinator can look up your number. Send her an e-mail from the VCDL contact list on the website. We had to do that to look up my wife's number for her renewal.

If you live in Virginia, and you support OC and the Second Amendment, you have no excuses not to be a VCDL member. This is THE organization that can and does push the envelope of gun rights in the Commonwealth and leads the way for much of the nation as well. GET ON BOARD AND GET INVOLVED!
    Last edited by The Wolfhound; 11-30-2010 at 04:20 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Good post. Reminds me that I need more VCDL brochures to put in our student manuals. I'm out.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Centurion

Brochures

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Good post. Reminds me that I need more VCDL brochures to put in our student manuals. I'm out.
    Jim,

I sent an email to Bruce Jackson to send you some more brochures. I'm not sure if he has your address. If he hasn't sent them to you directly before, you can contact him at: bruce@vcdl.org to give him your address....
    Last edited by VCDL President; 11-30-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Even if you do not remember your VCDL membership number, you can re-up on line. The Membership Coordinator can/will find your name on the only list that you [b]WANT[/b[ to be on.

Besides, there is just the giggles&grins aspect of using anti-gun PayPal to transmit your money in support of the best pro-RKBA organization in the state.

stay safe.

Centurion

Important post

Thanks for posting this, Grapeshot.

VCDL is planning to have an aggressive pro-gun agenda in the next General Assembly to protect and enhance the rights of Virginia's gun owners.

The antis will most assuredly be coming after gun shows - they have been pushing that issue all this year, every chance they get.

Bottom line: the more members we have, the stronger we are, plain and simple.

VCDL is not a group that comes begging for money every time you turn around. We rarely ask for more than a person's yearly dues. On the rare occasion when we do ask for donations, we spell out exactly what we need them for.

LOBBY DAY

We need a big Lobby Day turnout on January 17th, 2011 (Monday, Martin Luther King Day). Between our aggressive agenda and the anti-gun Senate leadership, we need our voices heard loud-and-clear! The halls of the General Assembly in Richmond, flooded with orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers, is an awesome sight and does indeed give rise to our voices.

Oh, and we will have some cool stickers this year with a new "theme" for Lobby Day. You'll have to attend to get one. ;-)

JANUARY IS COMING FAST!

The time is close at hand to roll up our sleeves and "get 'er done!" So stand with us and let's make it happen.
    Last edited by VCDL President; 11-30-2010 at 05:45 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by VCDL President View Post
    Jim,

I sent an email to Bruce Jackson to send you some more brochures. I'm not sure if he has your address. If he hasn't sent them to you directly before, you can contact him at: bruce@vcdl.org to give him your address....
    Phil,

Thanks! Bruce just called me and took care of it.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

I re-upped my membership and Ill be buying my wife hers this year.

See you guys bright and early on lobby day!

Founder's Club Member
    I'll be buying a membership for the wife as well and may get one for a couple guys here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jero1987 View Post
    I re-upped my membership and Ill be buying my wife hers this year.

See you guys bright and early on lobby day!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    I'll be buying a membership for the wife as well and may get one for a couple guys here at work.
    Now that is what I'm talkin' about. Wahooo!

Expect that come Lobby Day we will look like a giant termite colony = coming out of the woodwork, chewing up and spitting out everything in our path......nicely of course.

Sign 'em up with VCDL and bring them with you!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Hmmmmm. I didn't know we had numbers

Jmelvin, everyone in the family has a separate membership except my son in law. I'm not sure he should have a gun...or anything sharp...or even a hammer

As a Marylander who gets to enjoy the fruits of VCDL's efforts, I am encouraging my fellow Marylanders to join VCDL. I will post the information on MD Shooters forum since many of us travel to VA frequently. We owe you guys for being able to exercise our right to self defense in the Old Dominion at least. Maybe in our home state one day soon.

Thank You VCDL
    Last edited by swinokur; 12-01-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    As a Marylander who gets to enjoy the fruits of VCDL's efforts, I am encouraging my fellow Marylanders to join VCDL. I will post the information of MD Shooters forum since many of us travel to VA frequently. We owe you guys for being able to exercise our right to self defense in the Old Dominion at least. Maybe in our home state one day soon.

Thank You VCDL
    Spreading the word about VCDL is much appreciated.

Support and recognition is offered too to the groups in Md. fighting to defend RKBA:

http://www.mdshooters.com/?

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Quote Originally Posted by VCDL President View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Grapeshot.

VCDL is planning to have an aggressive pro-gun agenda in the next General Assembly to protect and enhance the rights of Virginia's gun owners.

JANUARY IS COMING FAST!

The time is close at hand to roll up our sleeves and "get 'er done!" So stand with us and let's make it happen.
    When will we find out what the VCDL Agenda will be?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Philip hit the high spots the other night Thundar. The agenda is still in the works mostly because bills are just starting to trickle in.

I'll let VCDL President comment on it when he feels it is solid enough to announce but from what I heard...everything planned to date benefits ALL GUN OWNERS in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    While some of the major themes will be well publicized, there are likely to also be interests that will not be public at all - until they succeed.

Keep your eye on the VA-ALERTS and on the chatter you see here. That's about the best you can do, and that's not a bad thing, even if it may be a little frustrating at times.

Remember, "we" are not the only ones who read these forums.

TFred

Proud member here! I have to look into a gift membership for my Son!
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." B. Franklin

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosDad View Post
    I have to look into a gift membership for my Son!
    Look into? Just send in $25 bucks for him with his name and address. Brooke has been a card carrying member for years!
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by KaosDad View Post
    Proud member here! I have to look into a gift membership for my Son!
    Make it a Christmas present and bring him to Lobby Day.

Just click and go at it > Join VCDL
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-05-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: added

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Make it a Christmas present and bring him to Lobby Day.
    Wow..

I know Brooke would SHOOT me if I gave her a VCDL membership as her "present". Don't get me wrong, she appreciates that I made her a member.. but a present? I can hear her racking the slide already...
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Wow..

I know Brooke would SHOOT me if I gave her a VCDL membership as her "present". Don't get me wrong, she appreciates that I made her a member.. but a present? I can hear her racking the slide already...
    Well things like that are accumulative maybe.

Took me longer to renew this year but I finally did last week, via the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Took me longer to renew this year but I finally did last week, via the website.
    No wonder you're late for breakfast - you gotta get up to keep up with the dogs - those that sleep that is.

Oh yah - and better late than never, right?

Yeah I was kicking myself when I realized I hadn't actually renewed. I was wondering where my card was and then I remembered it wasn't auto-renew.

And sleep cycles are a hard thing to break sometimes. I'll make it to a breakfast on time soon(er or later).
    Last edited by Curtis; 12-05-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast