• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL makes it happen - VCDL needs YOU - NOW

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How can VCDL expand their ability to get the job done? Answer: With more members - numbers do mean something very important.

ribbon.gif

The
Virginia Citizens Defense League needs you !
....................http://www.vcdl.org/

The influence and credibility of every organization is measured by how effective they have been in past endeavors - it is part of their public persona; it impacts getting the job done today. This ability is effected in part by the sheer collective weight of their numbers.

Have you joined VCDL or renewed your membership yet? Individually we are concerned citizens, as a united team we are without peer. No other group stands so tall in the state of Virginia in "Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself."...............Join VCDL........or......... Renew Membership

VCDL depends on volunteers to carry the message to the public, the media and to the General Assembly. Join with us and form an unbreakable link, arm in arm and shoulder to shoulder, all the way to City Councils and the State Legislature.

Do you live out of state - perhaps moved - thinking of forming your own grass roots organization or just want to keep current? Sign up for the greatest, consolidation of what is happening, facts, and data within the Old Dominion - get the VA-ALERT - sent out weekly, they are included with your membership, but can be had independently and they are FREE.

If you live in Virginia and value your Right to Keep and Bear Arms for any reason you must receive and read this free valuable tool. It's easy: click here

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Is there any way to find out my old membership ID? I think I chucked the old card once the expiration date came 'round since I never did receive any renewal paperwork or the newslettters.

The Wolfhound

Proud Member

I am sure the membership co-ordinator can look up your number. Send her an e-mail from the VCDL contact list on the website. We had to do that to look up my wife's number for her renewal.

If you live in Virginia, and you support OC and the Second Amendment, you have no excuses not to be a VCDL member. This is THE organization that can and does push the envelope of gun rights in the Commonwealth and leads the way for much of the nation as well. GET ON BOARD AND GET INVOLVED!

Last edited:

VCDL President

Centurion
Brochures

Good post. Reminds me that I need more VCDL brochures to put in our student manuals. I'm out.

Jim,

I sent an email to Bruce Jackson to send you some more brochures. I'm not sure if he has your address. If he hasn't sent them to you directly before, you can contact him at: bruce@vcdl.org to give him your address....

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Even if you do not remember your VCDL membership number, you can re-up on line. The Membership Coordinator can/will find your name on the only list that you WANT[/b[ to be on.

Besides, there is just the giggles&grins aspect of using anti-gun PayPal to transmit your money in support of the best pro-RKBA organization in the state.

stay safe.

VCDL President

Centurion
Important post

Thanks for posting this, Grapeshot.

VCDL is planning to have an aggressive pro-gun agenda in the next General Assembly to protect and enhance the rights of Virginia's gun owners.

The antis will most assuredly be coming after gun shows - they have been pushing that issue all this year, every chance they get.

Bottom line: the more members we have, the stronger we are, plain and simple.

VCDL is not a group that comes begging for money every time you turn around. We rarely ask for more than a person's yearly dues. On the rare occasion when we do ask for donations, we spell out exactly what we need them for.

LOBBY DAY

We need a big Lobby Day turnout on January 17th, 2011 (Monday, Martin Luther King Day). Between our aggressive agenda and the anti-gun Senate leadership, we need our voices heard loud-and-clear! The halls of the General Assembly in Richmond, flooded with orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers, is an awesome sight and does indeed give rise to our voices.

Oh, and we will have some cool stickers this year with a new "theme" for Lobby Day. You'll have to attend to get one. ;-)

JANUARY IS COMING FAST!

The time is close at hand to roll up our sleeves and "get 'er done!" So stand with us and let's make it happen.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I re-upped my membership and Ill be buying my wife hers this year.

See you guys bright and early on lobby day! :)

I'll be buying a membership for the wife as well and may get one for a couple guys here at work.

Now that is what I'm talkin' about. Wahooo!

Expect that come Lobby Day we will look like a giant termite colony = coming out of the woodwork, chewing up and spitting out everything in our path......nicely of course. :lol:

Sign 'em up with VCDL and bring them with you!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hmmmmm. I didn't know we had numbers:uhoh:

Jmelvin, everyone in the family has a separate membership except my son in law. I'm not sure he should have a gun...or anything sharp...or even a hammer:banghead:

swinokur

Activist Member
As a Marylander who gets to enjoy the fruits of VCDL's efforts, I am encouraging my fellow Marylanders to join VCDL. I will post the information on MD Shooters forum since many of us travel to VA frequently. We owe you guys for being able to exercise our right to self defense in the Old Dominion at least. Maybe in our home state one day soon.

Thank You VCDL

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As a Marylander who gets to enjoy the fruits of VCDL's efforts, I am encouraging my fellow Marylanders to join VCDL. I will post the information of MD Shooters forum since many of us travel to VA frequently. We owe you guys for being able to exercise our right to self defense in the Old Dominion at least. Maybe in our home state one day soon.

Thank You VCDL

Spreading the word about VCDL is much appreciated.

Support and recognition is offered too to the groups in Md. fighting to defend RKBA:

http://www.mdshooters.com/?

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Thundar

Thanks for posting this, Grapeshot.

VCDL is planning to have an aggressive pro-gun agenda in the next General Assembly to protect and enhance the rights of Virginia's gun owners.

JANUARY IS COMING FAST!

The time is close at hand to roll up our sleeves and "get 'er done!" So stand with us and let's make it happen.

When will we find out what the VCDL Agenda will be?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Philip hit the high spots the other night Thundar. The agenda is still in the works mostly because bills are just starting to trickle in.

I'll let VCDL President comment on it when he feels it is solid enough to announce but from what I heard...everything planned to date benefits ALL GUN OWNERS in the state.

TFred

While some of the major themes will be well publicized, there are likely to also be interests that will not be public at all - until they succeed.

Keep your eye on the VA-ALERTS and on the chatter you see here. That's about the best you can do, and that's not a bad thing, even if it may be a little frustrating at times.

Remember, "we" are not the only ones who read these forums.

TFred