• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Resisting Arrest"...

Dreamer

How dare some "slave" attempt to impede these officers in their duties. Didn't he know that being beaten in the head until unconscious is his duty as a citizen, and that any attempt to shield his head from the batons is "impeding a police action"? Who does he think he is, anyway... </sarcasm>

http://cbs4.com/local/you.tube.miami.2.2022255.html

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/man-charged-covering-head-police-beating/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krOZyTOUbkQ

Can you say "brown shirts" anyone?

More and more we're seeing people who are not doing anything, getting beaten by police, and then, to add insult to injury they are being charged with "resisting arrest". This is a VERY disturbing trend, and something needs to be done about it.

Soon, we will see people "declaring the 5th" being charged with "obstructing a police investigation" and "resisting arrest". Mark my words.

The lines are being drawn, folks...

Which side are YOU on, boys, which side are you on?...

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

they have to charge him with something.....otherwise they wouldn't be justified in their abuse of power.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
daily events of this type push me further to the camp of resisting arrest with lethal violence, because it could be very easy to assume i'm in bodily danger simply by being stopped.

Dreamer

I find it mildly ironic that LEOs are always saying "every time we stop someone, our lives are in danger", and yet there are a LOT more innocent citizens these days having their civil rights violated, being beaten, and even killed by LEOs acting outside their office, or under color of law...

The fact is, in the average police/citizen interaction, the CITIZEN is at more risk for their safety than the LEO. Especially in states like MD, IL, and CA.

DOJ statistics bear this out...

And in states like MD (at least for the 2009-2010 period), more police are killed or injured by other police or by suicide, traffic accidents, or DUI than by citizens, even if you figure in the "bad guys"...

And we're not even going to go into the situations in the UK, Greece, or Turkey.

Yard Sale

Soon, we will see people "declaring the 5th" being charged with "obstructing a police investigation" and "resisting arrest". Mark my words.
I remained mostly silent and didn't answer questions during my false imprisonment at a suspicionless checkpoint. The irate supervisor finally said, "I should arrest you for obstruction."

REALteach4u

Come on Dreamer. You know this video doesn't show what happened prior to his being taken to the ground and the quality of the video is so poor that you cannot see if he's resisting like some of the other folks were. (didn't appear to be obvious at all if he actually was resisting, watch it several times and see if you can see a resistance...I certainly can't)

The sad thing is that the video will be entered as evidence when it's proof positive that the crowd didn't start running video until police started in or they intentionally edited out the parts that show justification up to the point that what's on youtube began.

So let me be clear on this a 2nd time. The video is of a poor enough quality that it DOES NOT appear to illustrate resistance by the initially detained individual, but don't cast judgment yet because there was obviously other video being taken from other perspectives.

Just like the folks that get hit with a Taser and try to claim they did nothing to provoke the use of a Taser....the Taser cam and dash cams tend to tell the truth. Take specific note that the media is regurgitating the youtube video and has made no effort to locate other videos that were clearly being taken of the incident. More footage is needed, especially from different aspects.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
My friends and myself have all been charged with "resisting without violence" on many occasions.

The charges never stick, but it still costs an arm and a leg to prove your innocence. The Public Pretender won't even try, so you have to hire an attorney.

I've been through it enough that I'm pretty sure I can represent myself at this point.

It's not a trend, it's Standard Operating Procedure. Where I'm from, the Prosecutors are in on the fun. They push the matter right up until the Judge tells him what a douche he is. They know it won't stick,the objective is to cost you as much as they can. The system has become so convoluted and expensive, that merely putting one in that position is punishment by proxy, and they love it that way.

I see dozens of people plead no contest simply because they want to get it over with. Refusal to just bend over and take it results in much more punishment in the process of proving innocence, than accepting guilt for false charges would have.

Even if they don't beat you into a coma, you'll wish they had.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
As a separate point...

When has Government Violence aver been put down by something other than overwhelming violence in return?

Cite one example. Please do.

The larger problem is spotlighted by the smaller problem; there was a large crowd of people who easily could have put a stop to that, yet did nothing. They voted to allow it, lest they become victims of the same.

We live in fear of what will be done to us next.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
As a separate point...

When has Government Violence aver been put down by something other than overwhelming violence in return?

Cite one example. Please do.

The larger problem is spotlighted by the smaller problem; there was a large crowd of people who easily could have put a stop to that, yet did nothing. They voted to allow it, lest they become victims of the same.

We live in fear of what will be done to us next.
"...And when they came for the Jews, NONE were left to help them."