• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here comes the fight!

Tweety

Banned
http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2010/nov/30/doyle-marinette-hs-incident-reason-tougher-gun-law/

MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WTAQ) - Governor Jim Doyle says the Marinette High School hostage incident shows why tougher gun control laws are needed.

Doyle said in Milwaukee Tuesday that he felt sorrow for those affected by the incident – in which student Samuel Hengel held almost 2 dozen students and a teacher hostage for 5 hours before he shot and killed himself. The 15-year-old Hengel died today.

turbojohn41

I wonder what kind of law would have stoped a kid from stealing a gun that was illegal for him to have and break more laws with it. Doyle is an idiot and cant leave fast enough. I dont think there will be much of a fight.

Last edited:

Viper

I wonder what kind of law would have stoped a kid from stealing a gun that was illegal for him to have and break more laws with it. Doyle is an idiot and cant leave fast enough.

+1. The kid was breaking existing laws. IMHO another reason to eliminate the GFSZ and allow the teachers to be armed.

LEO's must have been outside deciding if they should do something for 5 hours when it could have been over in 5 minutes.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
One of the reporters present should have asked The Dome why current laws violated by this kid didn't work.

As Dreamer put so well -

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83687-Shots-fired-in-Marinette-HS
Quote:

"Let's dig out the TRUTH of this story, people...

Oh, wait a minute... The truth is that some deranged kid stole his old man's guns (a felony), brought them onto school property (another felony), kidnapped and held hostage his classmates (ANOTHER felony), discharged a firearm on school property and destroyed school property (another felony and an arrestable misdemeanor).

Gee, all those laws, and not a single one of them worked... Hmmmm...

Meanwhile, the law-abiding teachers, staff, and parents of this high school are obeying the law, and rendered defenseless against deranged, law-breaking hoodlums like this kid.

When will our Government learn?..."

Last edited:

TyGuy

But think about the children! Oh wait, that's a Mayor Daley line.

I know, someone posted about this on FB, and I quickly pointed out that the kid was illegally in possesion of the handgun. If only criminals would follow the law.

M

McX

lies by the left to polarize the populace. the government will protect them, by making the laws stricter. never mind the criminals who have never obeyed, nor been hampered with the laws we already have in place. hell will be full of leftists.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
+1. The kid was breaking existing laws. IMHO another reason to eliminate the GFSZ and allow the teachers to be armed.

LEO's must have been outside deciding if they should do something for 5 hours when it could have been over in 5 minutes.

As has been stated many times, when seconds count, police are only minutes away (and may take an hour or more to decide what to do).

See item #5:

http://inet4.swtjc.cc.tx.us/hr/VIOLS.HTM

Last edited:
M

McX

doyle is headed out the door, with alot of his cronies anyway, no one will listen to him at this point, walker sure isnt. and the rest of the populace, and elected hopefully know better. key word being hopefully.

Viper

As has been stated many times, when seconds count, police are only minutes away (and may take an hour or more to decide what to do).

See item #5:

http://inet4.swtjc.cc.tx.us/hr/VIOLS.HTM

I agree with you 100 percent.

They used to recommend those procedures for airline flights prior to 9-11 as well.

At least the brave passengers on Flight 93 didn't go down as sheep. God bless those brave souls.

Perhaps they should at least remove the statement "Students trust that we will take care of them." I don't think I would trust them.

Lurchiron

lies by the left to polarize the populace. the government will protect them, by making the laws stricter. never mind the criminals who have never obeyed, nor been hampered with the laws we already have in place. hell will be full of leftists.

Ahh; and to think...X-mas wasn't coming early this year.

Thanks McX!!!

Alaf Sal Fena;
Lurch

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Doyle is now an after thought, he has no power, republican conservatives control the senate, the assembly & the Governors mansion.....No fight is coming, ok. Calm down.

COMMANDER1911

The anti's don't want stricter gun laws. They want NO guns period. Too bad for them though, It seems we are making some major headway nationwide.

Last edited: