Thread: Some quick to close threads.....

Some quick to close threads.....

Wow what a shift, we go from very lax moderation.....to over moderation.

Banned
    I thought it was heavy-handed. Just a bit of advice: A mod should never moderate a topic in which he is so heavily involved. It smacks of his using his authority to "win" the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I thought it was heavy-handed. Just a bit of advice: A mod should never moderate a topic in which he is so heavily involved. It smacks of his using his authority to "win" the thread.
    I agree. The heavy hand of authoritarianism seems to have come to OCDO. This one will probably be closed as well.
    Last edited by rodbender; 12-01-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

They should have a member only section where people can pitch a complain...so it isn't so public.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Personally if I was a mod I would have closed that thread also, it had no real purpose except to covertly and not so covertly criticize the moderators and administrators of this sight.

I joined this site a long time ago, and even though I don't post much at all, I still remember the mods that this site had back when I joined. Because everybody knew who they were, there was a **** storm every time somebody got their post edited or had their thread locked, it became such a problem that all moderators were removed from this site and the admins had to take over that task. I know how much of a headache that can be for a site administrator to do when they have other obligations that must be met also so I am happy to see that they are bringing back moderators as this site could definitely use some full time moderation.

Have a nice day and stay safe....

Like so many things in life, it will always be an evolutionary process. We try but there will always be room to improve.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jimd_21 View Post
    Wow what a shift, we go from very lax moderation.....to over moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Like so many things in life, it will always be an evolutionary process. We try but there will always be room to improve.

John
    Looks like I missed one.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)