• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some quick to close threads.....

eye95

I thought it was heavy-handed. Just a bit of advice: A mod should never moderate a topic in which he is so heavily involved. It smacks of his using his authority to "win" the thread.

rodbender

I thought it was heavy-handed. Just a bit of advice: A mod should never moderate a topic in which he is so heavily involved. It smacks of his using his authority to "win" the thread.

I agree. The heavy hand of authoritarianism seems to have come to OCDO. This one will probably be closed as well.

Last edited:

Guido

Personally if I was a mod I would have closed that thread also, it had no real purpose except to covertly and not so covertly criticize the moderators and administrators of this sight.

I joined this site a long time ago, and even though I don't post much at all, I still remember the mods that this site had back when I joined. Because everybody knew who they were, there was a **** storm every time somebody got their post edited or had their thread locked, it became such a problem that all moderators were removed from this site and the admins had to take over that task. I know how much of a headache that can be for a site administrator to do when they have other obligations that must be met also so I am happy to see that they are bringing back moderators as this site could definitely use some full time moderation.

Have a nice day and stay safe....

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Like so many things in life, it will always be an evolutionary process. We try but there will always be room to improve. :D

John

Wow what a shift, we go from very lax moderation.....to over moderation.