• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Awesome encounter at walmart

sultan62

I don't know what he carries, but if it's a 1911 or has a similar style thumb safety, it can be fairly easy to tell from several feet away.

J_Oliver

Despite the horror stories I hear about people's LEO encounters while OC'ing, These are the stories that give me validation that all LEO's aren't out to get us. Thank you for sharing this AWESOME story with us. I'm still waiting to get my taxes back to get my firearm and rig.

Dreamer

I don't know what he carries, but if it's a 1911 or has a similar style thumb safety, it can be fairly easy to tell from several feet away.

Only if the 1911 has ambidextrous safeties, or is being carried left-handed...

A "standard" 1911 (and MOST handguns with the safety control on only one side) has the manual safety on the left side of the firearm, which would be against your body when in a right-hand holster--and therefore impossible to see...

My guess is that this "manager" didn't see the safety of this firearm at all--he saw the hammer was cocked, and was calling THAT "having a weapon on fire"...

And what about Glocks and DA revolvers? They are "on fire" all the time because they have no manual safety, and are essentially Double Action devices...

JoeSparky

Centurion
I made a jump of faith based on his screen name that he was actually IN THEATER (Bagdad) and his weapon was an M15 with the safety set to "FIRE." I could be wrong but.... LOL

razor_baghdad

92 fs

easily visible in the Serpa holster as the red shows when the weapon is in 'hot' status. A few of the checkers had IDed me to the manager....I saw him coming and was pleasantly surprised by his response. He nodded to me and to the checkers and continued on about his business.

Also, I carried this way my entire Army career...and am completely safe with the handling of the Beretta (double action with a slight spring cut trigger pull) AND the M4.... ;) , although the M4 was always on safe... ;)

3 years in the box were '04-'07.:)

Last edited: