Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New Jersey outrage v. Washington state

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    New Jersey outrage v. Washington state

    Read down far enough and friends of Jim Beal/DEROS will get a chuckle....



    "What has happened to Brian Aitken underscores why gun owners all over the country, including here in Washington State, are so bitterly opposed to the kinds of gun control initiatives we repeatedly see offered by the gun control lobby as “reasonable.” Their so-called "common sense" gun control initiatives are invariably carefully crafted legal minefields designed to strip as many citizens as possible of their firearms rights. Had Initiative 676 passed back in 1997, Washingtonians would be living under a statute not unlike that which has put Aitken behind bars; a law born from the same kind of gulag mentality that seems to inspire gun prohibitionists everywhere...."



    http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...tional-outrage

    Or try this:

    http://tinyurl.com/28mkxgf

  2. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Read down far enough and friends of Jim Beal/DEROS will get a chuckle....



    "What has happened to Brian Aitken underscores why gun owners all over the country, including here in Washington State, are so bitterly opposed to the kinds of gun control initiatives we repeatedly see offered by the gun control lobby as “reasonable.” Their so-called "common sense" gun control initiatives are invariably carefully crafted legal minefields designed to strip as many citizens as possible of their firearms rights. Had Initiative 676 passed back in 1997, Washingtonians would be living under a statute not unlike that which has put Aitken behind bars; a law born from the same kind of gulag mentality that seems to inspire gun prohibitionists everywhere...."



    http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...tional-outrage

    Or try this:

    http://tinyurl.com/28mkxgf
    LMAO! I think he'd poop a brick if he was at Willow Lake! Nicely written Dave!!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Manitoe Park, Spokane Washington, August 4th 2010, 1st annual Spokane OC picnic, news reporter Anthony Gomes call Spokane Police on us and was informed that we were doing nothing unlawful and the SPD would not respond. He would have pooped a brick that day as well. Another good reason not to call 911 or live east of the Mississippi river, IMHO.

  4. #4
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Manitoe Park, Spokane Washington, August 4th 2010, 1st annual Spokane OC picnic, news reporter Anthony Gomes call Spokane Police on us and was informed that we were doing nothing unlawful and the SPD would not respond. He would have pooped a brick that day as well. Another good reason not to call 911 or live east of the Mississippi river, IMHO.
    Someone told me about this and I couldn't believe it to be honest. Didn't an OCer call the press to come out in the first place?
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 12-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Someone told me about this and I couldn't believe it to be honest. didn't an OCer call the press to come out in the first place?
    I set the picnic up (along with several others, snarly, BobR) and informed the press in Spokane, Deros informed the press on the wet side. Maybe Gomes is from New Jersey who knows.

  6. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    I set the picnic up (along with several others, snarly, BobR) and informed the press in Spokane, Deros informed the press on the wet side. Maybe Gomes is from New Jersey who knows.
    That's just funny that the press would call. However, let me be honest, until I was told and researched it I didn't know OC was legal either. I guess everyone learns differently.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Manitoe Park, Spokane Washington, August 4th 2010, 1st annual Spokane OC picnic, news reporter Anthony Gomes call Spokane Police on us and was informed that we were doing nothing unlawful and the SPD would not respond. He would have pooped a brick that day as well. Another good reason not to call 911 or live east of the Mississippi river, IMHO.
    ...?

    How do ya know he's the one who called, and the response he was given?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    ...?

    How do ya know he's the one who called, and the response he was given?
    The reporter told him he called.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315
    Hmm. The same reporters that go to terrorist training camps, watch the terrorists plotting to blow up Americans, but won't tell the government where they are because that would be a violation of their "impartiality"? Those reporters?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    ...?

    How do ya know he's the one who called, and the response he was given?
    The reporter came back and told several of us, he was quite frustrated with the SPD and made the statement no one should have guns. He was very anti gun and made no bones about it. I have no way to know if the reporter told us the truth or not I was only repeating what he said to us.

  11. #11
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    The reporter came back and told several of us, he was quite frustrated with the SPD and made the statement no one should have guns. He was very anti gun and made no bones about it. I have no way to know if the reporter told us the truth or not I was only repeating what he said to us.
    No one should have guns?

    So since cars kill people, no one should have cars either. I know someone who got hurt with a box knife so none of those either. For that matter a speck of dirt in my eyes can cause pain so no dirt. Go tell that reporter to go live in a bubble ... just pray the air keeps working or he'll cause pain to himself.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    The reporter came back and told several of us, he was quite frustrated with the SPD and made the statement no one should have guns. He was very anti gun and made no bones about it. I have no way to know if the reporter told us the truth or not I was only repeating what he said to us.
    AH, ok. What an ass. But you knew that. Did anyone think to retort along the lines of, "well I think irresponsible journalism injures and even kills far more people than guns. The press should be carefully controlled & regulated by the government, restricted only to government agents or those who have passed background checks and had proper journalistic training. And limits on the amount of letters in words and words in articles."
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    AH, ok. What an ass. But you knew that. Did anyone think to retort along the lines of, "well I think irresponsible journalism injures and even kills far more people than guns. The press should be carefully controlled & regulated by the government, restricted only to government agents or those who have passed background checks and had proper journalistic training. And limits on the amount of letters in words and words in articles."
    The reporter was/is entitled to his opinion even if it is wrong. At the time I wondered if he was baiting us to see what kind of reaction he could get. What he got was an even keeled response and we got 30 seconds or so on the nightly news which was what we wanted all along.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •