• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Jersey outrage v. Washington state

Dave Workman

Read down far enough and friends of Jim Beal/DEROS will get a chuckle....

"What has happened to Brian Aitken underscores why gun owners all over the country, including here in Washington State, are so bitterly opposed to the kinds of gun control initiatives we repeatedly see offered by the gun control lobby as “reasonable.” Their so-called "common sense" gun control initiatives are invariably carefully crafted legal minefields designed to strip as many citizens as possible of their firearms rights. Had Initiative 676 passed back in 1997, Washingtonians would be living under a statute not unlike that which has put Aitken behind bars; a law born from the same kind of gulag mentality that seems to inspire gun prohibitionists everywhere...."

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/new-jersey-case-sparks-national-outrage

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/28mkxgf

Deleted_User

Read down far enough and friends of Jim Beal/DEROS will get a chuckle....

"What has happened to Brian Aitken underscores why gun owners all over the country, including here in Washington State, are so bitterly opposed to the kinds of gun control initiatives we repeatedly see offered by the gun control lobby as “reasonable.” Their so-called "common sense" gun control initiatives are invariably carefully crafted legal minefields designed to strip as many citizens as possible of their firearms rights. Had Initiative 676 passed back in 1997, Washingtonians would be living under a statute not unlike that which has put Aitken behind bars; a law born from the same kind of gulag mentality that seems to inspire gun prohibitionists everywhere...."

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/new-jersey-case-sparks-national-outrage

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/28mkxgf

LMAO! I think he'd poop a brick if he was at Willow Lake! Nicely written Dave!!!

Jeff Hayes

Manitoe Park, Spokane Washington, August 4th 2010, 1st annual Spokane OC picnic, news reporter Anthony Gomes call Spokane Police on us and was informed that we were doing nothing unlawful and the SPD would not respond. He would have pooped a brick that day as well. Another good reason not to call 911 or live east of the Mississippi river, IMHO.

Deleted_User

Manitoe Park, Spokane Washington, August 4th 2010, 1st annual Spokane OC picnic, news reporter Anthony Gomes call Spokane Police on us and was informed that we were doing nothing unlawful and the SPD would not respond. He would have pooped a brick that day as well. Another good reason not to call 911 or live east of the Mississippi river, IMHO.

Someone told me about this and I couldn't believe it to be honest. Didn't an OCer call the press to come out in the first place?

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Someone told me about this and I couldn't believe it to be honest. didn't an OCer call the press to come out in the first place?

I set the picnic up (along with several others, snarly, BobR) and informed the press in Spokane, Deros informed the press on the wet side. Maybe Gomes is from New Jersey who knows.

Deleted_User

I set the picnic up (along with several others, snarly, BobR) and informed the press in Spokane, Deros informed the press on the wet side. Maybe Gomes is from New Jersey who knows.

That's just funny that the press would call. However, let me be honest, until I was told and researched it I didn't know OC was legal either. I guess everyone learns differently.

Metalhead47

...?

How do ya know he's the one who called, and the response he was given?

heresolong

Hmm. The same reporters that go to terrorist training camps, watch the terrorists plotting to blow up Americans, but won't tell the government where they are because that would be a violation of their "impartiality"? Those reporters?

Jeff Hayes

...?

How do ya know he's the one who called, and the response he was given?

The reporter came back and told several of us, he was quite frustrated with the SPD and made the statement no one should have guns. He was very anti gun and made no bones about it. I have no way to know if the reporter told us the truth or not I was only repeating what he said to us.

Deleted_User

The reporter came back and told several of us, he was quite frustrated with the SPD and made the statement no one should have guns. He was very anti gun and made no bones about it. I have no way to know if the reporter told us the truth or not I was only repeating what he said to us.

No one should have guns?

So since cars kill people, no one should have cars either. I know someone who got hurt with a box knife so none of those either. For that matter a speck of dirt in my eyes can cause pain so no dirt. Go tell that reporter to go live in a bubble ... just pray the air keeps working or he'll cause pain to himself.

Metalhead47

AH, ok. What an ass. But you knew that. Did anyone think to retort along the lines of, "well I think irresponsible journalism injures and even kills far more people than guns. The press should be carefully controlled & regulated by the government, restricted only to government agents or those who have passed background checks and had proper journalistic training. And limits on the amount of letters in words and words in articles."

Jeff Hayes

AH, ok. What an ass. But you knew that. Did anyone think to retort along the lines of, "well I think irresponsible journalism injures and even kills far more people than guns. The press should be carefully controlled & regulated by the government, restricted only to government agents or those who have passed background checks and had proper journalistic training. And limits on the amount of letters in words and words in articles."

The reporter was/is entitled to his opinion even if it is wrong. At the time I wondered if he was baiting us to see what kind of reaction he could get. What he got was an even keeled response and we got 30 seconds or so on the nightly news which was what we wanted all along.