Thread: Legal to Target Practice???

Legal to Target Practice???

Here is a good question...I was talking to a person who had just applied for their LTCH here in Indiana. He was concerned that he could be arrested for being in posession of a handgun without a license. If he went to the range with a person who has a permit, they could claim posession. What happends at the range while they are practicing? Legal???

I'm no lawyer, but from the way I understand it is during transit, the non LTCH holder cannot be in possession, but at they range is fine as long as the LTCH holder is with the individual without the LTCH.
    I'd tell you UDP jokes, but you probably wouldn't get them every time, so I'll only tell TCP jokes, that way you'll always get them!

When I was living in Muncie 12 years ago I had a firearm taken from my by LEO, I was going home from a frainds house, I just bought it from him, I got pulled over for a headlight I think, I had the gun setting in the seat of my pickup unloaded, they said it was a crime to carry my gun without a permit, they did not arrast me but they did give me a ticket, a reciet and told me I could get it back if someone with a permit came with me to pick it up, I was told I got lucky not going to jail.

Exclamation

if it is a privite range it's ok but it is a state run range it is not you got to have a permit to have a gun in public.a state run range is be in public [public property].

Quote Originally Posted by country69 View Post
    if it is a privite range it's ok but it is a state run range it is not you got to have a permit to have a gun in public.a state run range is be in public [public property].
    Is there any documented info on this? Can you show where it is sited in their rules?
    I'd tell you UDP jokes, but you probably wouldn't get them every time, so I'll only tell TCP jokes, that way you'll always get them!

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Indiana View Post
    Here is a good question...I was talking to a person who had just applied for their LTCH here in Indiana. He was concerned that he could be arrested for being in posession of a handgun without a license. If he went to the range with a person who has a permit, they could claim posession. What happends at the range while they are practicing? Legal???
    Just get the LTCH, its worth it. For a little more go for the Lifetime LTC. Then all your problems are solved.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington