Thread: CCW question

CCW question

I have had my permit for at least a year now but I just recently moved. Same city in Mississippi just a few blocks down. Do I have to get a new permit since my address is not the same any more? I had to get a new driver's license because it expired on my birthday but I hope I don't have to go down to batesville for another day of misery at the Highway patrol for a new permit.

Please tell me I don't have to go back to get a new one because of my new address.
    Last edited by bluestreak76; 12-02-2010 at 02:05 AM.

45-9-101, paragraph (9)

(9) Within thirty (30) days after the changing of a permanent address, or within thirty (30) days after having a license lost or destroyed, the licensee shall notify the Department of Public Safety in writing of such change or loss. Failure to notify the Department of Public Safety pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00) and shall be enforceable by a summons.

Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    45-9-101, paragraph (9)

(9) Within thirty (30) days after the changing of a permanent address, or within thirty (30) days after having a license lost or destroyed, the licensee shall notify the Department of Public Safety in writing of such change or loss. Failure to notify the Department of Public Safety pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00) and shall be enforceable by a summons.
    Thanks, looks like I owe them 25 bucks.

and that kinda crap is why those three words must go, "or in part".

I live in Marion, MS

My PERMANENT address is here, even though I might move around.

When we moved to another town fo a while in 2000, I did not change my address/DL/tags because this is "family land" and was not sold or did not have a change of ownership.

I have ALWAYS used my Grandparents address as my PRMANENT ADDRESS.

The law states PERMANENT ADDRESS, not "physical address".
    That means using your "parents" address is totally acceptable..... especially if you haven't put down your own "roots" to a long term place of abode.

The way I see it, what does it matter IF you are always able to be contacted at or through that location ???
    Last edited by marionmedic; 01-06-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand ???

James: Ain't this a little showy, Pa? I mean with the guns out an' all?

Big Jake: James, don't be fooled. They all know what's in this box, and they all want it. what we're doin' with this audacious DISplay is tellin' 'em they can't have it. Who knows, we may be savin' some poor miscreant soul's life this way.

www.dixieleather.com - www.dixiepreparedness.org

marionmedic,
    Your correct (read current) address will only matter to you when you are standing before a judge explaining why your CCL does not have up to date information.

Your permanent address is where you routinely lay your head down at night...your abode.

Does anyone out there have a supporting or refuting argument to my words? I am not an expert there but being in the military for over twenty years and residing abroad the entire time has taught me alot.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fiskrb View Post
    Your permanent address is where you routinely lay your head down at night...your abode.
    I know MANY truck drivers and travelling workers who would disagree with you.

LOL

But for "legal" definitions, you can look into the same laws used by RV "fulltimers" who live in their RV's all over the nation and only have a PO box for a "permanent address".

According to TAX laws of the IRS, State Laws for Drivers Licenses and License Plates, and even the CCW laws of other States...... You can claim any SINGLE residence as being your "permanent".
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand ???

James: Ain't this a little showy, Pa? I mean with the guns out an' all?

Big Jake: James, don't be fooled. They all know what's in this box, and they all want it. what we're doin' with this audacious DISplay is tellin' 'em they can't have it. Who knows, we may be savin' some poor miscreant soul's life this way.

www.dixieleather.com - www.dixiepreparedness.org

Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    45-9-101, paragraph (9)

The "cold, hard" facts!