• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma State Rep. Mike Christian demands new Speaker support open carry reform

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://wwwtmrcom.blogspot.com/2010/12/mike-christian-asks-steele-to-ease.html

SNIP

A fourth Republican legislator, Rep. Mike Christian, has taken House Speaker-elect Kris Steele to task for recent comments that some members found offensive and he's asked Steele to take steps to "ease the tension" inside the House GOP Caucus.

In a letter, Christian wrote:

Dear Speaker-elect Kris Steele, I want to thank you for giving the Republican caucus advanced notice of your proposed newspaper editorial and for inviting us to contact you with any questions we have regarding your vision for the next legislative session.

I couldn’t help but notice that your editorial didn’t . . . commit to supporting open-carry gun rights legislation.

. . .

The caucus, the public, and our grass-roots supporters deserve an honest, direct, and unambiguous explanation of your legislative agenda. We need to be assured that your priorities reflect the priorities of the rest of the House Republicans.

Therefore, I respectfully request that you specifically, publicly, and unambiguously answer the following questions:
. . .
2. Do you support and will you help advance open-carry gun rights legislation?