Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car got broke into and now I am the suspect!!!!

Car got broke into and now I am the suspect!!!!

So my car got broke into at a friends house. I called Lakewood's finest. They arrived and the Sargent REQUESTED that I unarm. for the sake of not wanting to cause I decided to oblige and not cause an argument. I unarmed, the rest of the convo is caught on audio recording that I cant figure out how to upload right now. Basically they tried to make me out to be the suspect, refused to lift prints, and REFUSED to do an investigation. Over 26 mins of audio. I was made out to be the victim and that EVERYTHING was my fault. they berated me and belittled me and continued to refused to do their job. They never even ATTEMPTED to lift prints or try and find any sort of evidence at all.

They called me (on audio) a ******* and a dumbass and an *******. The only reason this encounter was ceased was due to a friend coming out and intervening and having me go back inside. This is a flagrant violation of not only 2A but also of 1A as well as police procedure. If olypendrew is still taking cases can he PLEASE contact me. I would greatly appreciate his opinion on this matter....

Having problem uploading the SHORTENED version to NWCDL ATM but I will keep trying...

Have over 26 mins of audio recordings on an Iphone if anyone knows how to get the WHOLE thing off....
    Last edited by devildoc5; 12-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    So my car got broke into at a friends house. I called Lakewood's finest. They arrived and the Sargent REQUESTED that I unarm. for the sake of not wanting to cause I decided to oblige and not cause an argument. I unarmed, the rest of the convo is caught on audio recording that I cant figure out how to upload right now. Basically they tried to make me out to be that victim, refused to lift prints, and REFUSED to do an investigation. Over 26 mins pf audio. I was made out to be the victim and that EVERYTHING was my fault. they berated me and belittled me and continued to refused to do their job. They never even ATTEMPTED to lift prints or try and find any sort of evidence at all.

They called me (on audio) a ******* and a dumbass and an *******. The only reason this encounter was ceased was due to a friend coming out and intervening and having me go back inside. This is a flagrant violation of not only 2A but also of 1A as well as police procedure. If olypendrew is still taking cases can he PLEASE contact me. I would greatly appreciate his opinion on this matter....

Having problem uploading the SHORTENED version to NWCDL ATM but I will keep trying...

Have over 26 mins of audio recordings on an Iphone if anyone knows how to get the WHOLE thing off....
    Might I suggest emailing that recording (if done in public) to a few news stations.

PM me, I'll get you my email, you can send me the file and I can put it a few places it can't be touched.
    Last edited by TechnoWeenie; 12-02-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    Might I suggest emailing that recording (if done in public) to a few news stations.

PM me, I'll get you my email, you can send me the file and I can put it a few places it can't be touched.
    The probelm is I didn't have my recorder on me (I know stupid mistake!) but I recorded it on a buddy's Iphone. The Iphone will only allow it to send the first 8 mins of a 26+ min recording out. Neither one of us have any idea how to extract the COMPLETE file. The officer even ASKED if it was being recorded to which I responded "yes I am recording"...
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Play the complete file and record it with another recorder? Might not be best sound but you'll have it.

This is typical behavior. Our property is not really worth much investigation to them, they rarely solve these cases and don't care to try. I have had this happen to me on several occasions, perfect conditions for taking prints they just say "No". The best bet is to set up a sting and a video and catch them yourself.

Now that you gone through it you probably will take the same stance I do and not be disarmed next time. Why? When they aren't there to help you?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

iTUNES!!! Go to sync your phone and in the music tab, check the box that says "include voice memo's". Done

Is your phone JB'd? If so you can SSH into the file system and pull them off too.

Surprised that the PD even bothered to respond. Some PD's are now just telling the victims to stop into the PD and fill out a report. "They'll investigate after the report is filed". This is the way they handle most "property crimes" now that they are under the budget "scalpel".

When renewing my CPL a women came in to file one of these reports after a "purse snatch". They wouldn't even respond an officer to interview witnesses.
    Last edited by amlevin; 12-02-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that we have not heard the entire story. I bet there is a deep backstory.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

The committee has not voted on whether you can proceed with this. OK, all kidding aside I have a program that will convert any video/audio to a MP3. let me know if you need to convert it.

Thurston County

Down in Thurston County they won't send anybody out. When you call they give you a website to report something "minor" like that.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Well, did you do it?

Um... maybe I'm just nitpicking semantics here or just plain missing something... why are you saying they "made you out to be the victim?" If it's YOUR car that was broken into, then you ARE the victim... right?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Um... maybe I'm just nitpicking semantics here or just plain missing something... why are you saying they "made you out to be the victim?" If it's YOUR car that was broken into, then you ARE the victim... right?
    Yeah, I am guessing that was a severe case of inverted wording.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

The last time my car was broken into the responding officer made it very clear that she didn't give a crap.

She didn't even look at other cars in the parking lot. I did, and found several other cars that had been broken into too (broken windows, missing steros, etc). I informed the owners (who were all employees of a nearby business), and they had the same luck with the police.

And this was back when the state, county and city was flush with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post

And this was back when the state, county and city was flush with money.
    Don't you mean back when they were "flushing" money? One of the reasons they "don't have a pot to put it in now".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

They arrived and the Sargent REQUESTED that I unarm. for the sake of not wanting to cause I decided to oblige and not cause an argument. I unarmed....

This is a flagrant violation of not only 2A but also of 1A as well as police procedure. If olypendrew is still taking cases can he PLEASE contact me.
    Are you serious?

1) He requested.
    2) You obliged.

I'm failing to see where your 2A violation claim is coming from, and especially where your 1A violation claim is coming from. What are you going to sue them for, you volunteering away your right to be armed?

So the cop called you a name when you tried to tell him how to do his job. You think you're going to win in court over that? Get rich quick? This is ridiculous. They didn't violate anything...

Quote Originally Posted by G20-IWB24/7 View Post
    Are you serious?

1) He requested.
    2) You obliged.

I'm failing to see where your 2A violation claim is coming from, and especially where your 1A violation claim is coming from. What are you going to sue them for, you volunteering away your right to be armed?

So the cop called you a name when you tried to tell him how to do his job. You think you're going to win in court over that? Get rich quick? This is ridiculous. They didn't violate anything...
    ok so now that I have gotten a little bit of sleep the basic gist of it is. I called dispatch they told me to just file a report online, I asked for a dispatch supervisor, told dispatch supervisor I wanted an officer to come out. Supervisor told me they wont come out and to file a report online. Supervisor then said that he would have a police sergeant call me. Police sergeant called I asked him to come out, he declined at first. I then told him that he was a public servant (I know not the best choice of actions here) and that it was his job to come out. That that is why we pay him with our taxes, to do his job. Any ways he comes out and "put that gun away before we go any further." At this point I could have argued semantics and color of the law and how he was violating my rights but just didn't seem like it was going to have any effect here.

Tried to get him back on topic about the car and what happened. Another officer arrives at this point. Proceeds to ask if I have a CPL to which I responded "yes I do" and nothing more. The two of them start to tell me how "irresponsible" I am and how I am a "dumbass" and an "*******" All because I OC/had them come out and PRETEND to do their job. They still didn't even do more than a cursory look at the car. Gave me a report number but I am sure the report wont say anything more than "so and so reports care broken into at such and such a time and such an such a place. Officer witnessed broken window." I dont see how he could have any more info than that....

So my car got broke into at a friends house. I called Lakewood's finest. They arrived and the Sargent REQUESTED that I unarm. for the sake of not wanting to cause I decided to oblige and not cause an argument. I unarmed, the rest of the convo is caught on audio recording that I cant figure out how to upload right now. Basically they tried to make me out to be that victim, refused to lift prints, and REFUSED to do an investigation. Over 26 mins pf audio. I was made out to be the victim and that EVERYTHING was my fault. they berated me and belittled me and continued to refused to do their job. They never even ATTEMPTED to lift prints or try and find any sort of evidence at all.

This sucks very much indeed. I sounds like the police acted very unprofessional and disrespectful. Unfortunately, I think it ends there. From how you described the encounter, It doesn't sound like they violated your rights or did anything criminal.

The sergeant ASKED for you to disarm and you did so WILLINGLY. There's no 2A violation there.

It doesn't sound like they forced you to stop practicing a religion, speech, assembly or petition. No 1A violation there.

As far as police procedure, who says they have to investigate the break in of your car? We've known for a long time that the police have no duty to protect us or investigate crimes against personal property; I forget which case law it comes from but it's somewhere on this forum. I've used this line personally to convince others that they need to stand up and protect themselves instead of depending on others to do it for them.

I would say go file a complaint against the officers involved for unprofessional conduct (the name calling and laziness) but I don't think there's anything you can do legally. Now maybe there's something else that happened that wasn't fully explained in your first post that describes the events better. If so, please correct me.

ok so now that I have gotten a little bit of sleep the basic gist of it is. I called dispatch they told me to just file a report online, I asked for a dispatch supervisor, told dispatch supervisor I wanted an officer to come out. Supervisor told me they wont come out and to file a report online. Supervisor then said that he would have a police sergeant call me. Police sergeant called I asked him to come out, he declined at first. I then told him that he was a public servant (I know not the best choice of actions here) and that it was his job to come out. That that is why we pay him with our taxes, to do his job. Any ways he comes out and "put that gun away before we go any further." At this point I could have argued semantics and color of the law and how he was violating my rights but just didn't seem like it was going to have any effect here.

Tried to get him back on topic about the car and what happened. Another officer arrives at this point. Proceeds to ask if I have a CPL to which I responded "yes I do" and nothing more. The two of them start to tell me how "irresponsible" I am and how I am a "dumbass" and an "*******" All because I OC/had them come out and PRETEND to do their job. They still didn't even do more than a cursory look at the car. Gave me a report number but I am sure the report wont say anything more than "so and so reports care broken into at such and such a time and such an such a place. Officer witnessed broken window." I dont see how he could have any more info than that....
    That explains a bit more, but I still don't see it going anywhere in court.

DOC, if all else fails come on over and I'll help you get it converted over. M1 lives close too since he said he got stuff to convert as well. Ah Lakewood ....

As Mythbuster say Doc, there's your problem. Thus why I moved OUT of Lakewood.

The only thing I agree on is ... you did disarm, thus not a violation of 2A. You did do so willingly. I WILL STATE, in this circumstance I'd have done the same while letting them know if they can't work with an armed society they need to move out of the U.S.

I hate Lakewood, always have, always will. So much for "To protect and to SERVE

At least you were calmer than I'd have been.
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 12-02-2010 at 05:32 PM.

As Audio and Video has been my primary job for the past 11 years, I have a few tricks for recording off your device.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    As Audio and Video has been my primary job for the past 11 years, I have a few tricks for recording off your device.
    If I can get ahold of Devildoc, the plan was to bring him over if you're available. I figure you'd be better at it than I would.

You mean they made you out to be the perp, right?

Department seems like a waste of tax money to me at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

devildoc5 I gather this is your first time of someone violating your private space (ie breaking into your vehicle and stealing items) and it usually is an issue of personal space and we become outraged as we have been wronged and want someone to pay for what they have done.

Unfortunately that is where it stops unless someone witnessed the break in and or crime and unfortunate a fact of live in our society and now enhanced more so with cuts in local law enforcement.
    Unless there is a greater crime committed, finger prints and forensic's will not come into play, as to the cost involved and in the end it will play out with insurance dealing with the loss.

Interaction with Officers telling them it is their job and you pay their wages will get you where you are at being called a *******, they nor you are not there to takes someone's abuse.

File the report, file a claim with your insurance and move on, it's the best advice one can offer you.

As to being asked to disarmed, you can still try and address this, regardless if you complied or not. I would avoid and proceed with out the heightened emotions though.
    While some support the issue you cannot because you complied I do not agree with, here you did the sensible thing and not push it to a higher level.

Go ahead and vent, get it out and learn from the encounter.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Those bastards!
    I s'pose they still believe in accidents, too!

Sorry 'bout your car, but it was the same when I reported my garage broken into.
    Shrug shoulders, grunt uh-huh, and walk away.
    If I'da plugged a couple of the punks that stole my stuff, they'da got all indignant.
    Now I'm ready to call the LEOs- to report there's a BG bleeding out on my property.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Those bastards!
    I s'pose they still believe in accidents, too!

Sorry 'bout your car, but it was the same when I reported my garage broken into.
    Shrug shoulders, grunt uh-huh, and walk away.
    If I'da plugged a couple of the punks that stole my stuff, they'da got all indignant.
    Now I'm ready to call the LEOs- to report there's a BG bleeding out on my property.
    Yeah? They'd tell you that they don't do yards.
    The words of a tyrant: I never entertain opposing opinions. I am always right.

Socialism is just another dirty word for totalitarianism.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast